• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Game changer Wheres the photo shoot???

Elliott said:
The gears you see breaking right and left are not being set up right, you can bank on that!
I broke my LP 60 on the first ride with it under the new buggy and it was set up correctly. I spend as much time as needed to get a good pattern and the backlash on the tight side of the limit. I am doing a Jana 76 with the load bolt and jack bolts in the cover along with a set of new OEM Dana gears. If it don't live then I will build a 14 bolt.

Pinion depth and crushing the pinion bearings is critical, if it broke first time out there was an issue, I promise if you get one right the problems go away,you still might break one every once in a while but very random. I've setup over 40 gears and not one has broke yet knock on wood , might happen tomorrow tho.

85toyo said:
What would be the max hp to throw at a lp 60 and still be reliable?

sticky tires are as rough on them as high HP - i broke a cpl sets in a LP 60 with a stock 5.3 and 39 krawlers that were set up perfect - 14 bolt done the trick for me, a HP 60 would have probably held up great for me too but a LP 60 is the new 44

onetoncrawler said:
sticky tires are as rough on them as high HP - i broke a cpl sets in a LP 60 with a stock 5.3 and 39 krawlers that were set up perfect - 14 bolt done the trick for me, a HP 60 would have probably held up great for me too but a LP 60 is the new 44

I'm learning every day that I dont have enough money to play this game :****:

Elliott said:
Pinion depth and crushing the pinion bearings is critical, if it broke first time out there was an issue, I promise if you get one right the problems go away,you still might break one every once in a while but very random. I've setup over 40 gears and not one has broke yet knock on wood , might happen tomorrow tho.
It made it over a year under my 80 horsepower Samurai on 39.5s. It died under a LS powered buggy on 43 stickies. I have set them up for over 30 years on street cars, drag cars, and 4x4s. This one had a Nitro gear and the teeth snapped off the ring gear.

I agree that most of the gears on the trail are set up wrong. No doubt! However I still feel that with the support bearing the 14 is the best option (factory housing) out there next to a good ole set of rockwells. Maybe the 80's will live and I hope that they do cause I dig watching a good beat down!

It amazes me that people have the sack to say if the gears are set up right that they wont break on the first ride,or will last longer between breaks, IF YOU ARE HARD ON YOUR VEHICLE IT HAS ENOUGH POWER AND WEIGHT STUFF IS GOING TO BREAK! That being said yes setup is key but if you run a low pinion 60 with low gears in the axle and 44s it will break. If you run a hp60 with low gears and 44s it is less likely to break but still can. if you run a 14b front and 44s it prob wont break the diff. weak link moves to shafts usually.

I 100% support what The front runners ( Timmie ,JoJo, Bobby and others) do for this sport (unbelievably strong parts) yes they are rougher than most on parts but keep in mind stuff they break isn't necessarily something that most wheelers have to worry about.

Awesome new buggy Timmie cant wait to see it this weekend! Hope you ain't got rusty :cougar:

I'm learning every day that I dont have enough money to play this game :****:
[/quote] I'm seeing the same thing!!!!

al1tonyota said:
It amazes me that people have the sack to say if the gears are set up right that they wont break on the first ride,or will last longer between breaks, IF YOU ARE HARD ON YOUR VEHICLE IT HAS ENOUGH POWER AND WEIGHT STUFF IS GOING TO BREAK! That being said yes setup is key but if you run a low pinion 60 with low gears in the axle and 44s it will break. If you run a hp60 with low gears and 44s it is less likely to break but still can. if you run a 14b front and 44s it prob wont break the diff. weak link moves to shafts usually.

I 100% support what The front runners ( Timmie ,JoJo, Bobby and others) do for this sport (unbelievably strong parts) yes they are rougher than most on parts but keep in mind stuff they break isn't necessarily something that most wheelers have to worry about.

Awesome new buggy Timmie cant wait to see it this weekend! Hope you ain't got rusty :cougar:

Next time you need yours set up bring them to me and I will set them up for free just to make you a believer!!!! How's that for sack?

Elliott said:
al1tonyota said:

Next time you need yours set up bring them to me and I will set them up for free just to make you a believer!!!! How's that for sack?

Sounds Like a hell of a deal for sure!!! :dblthumb:

I set these up specs d60 lp 5.13s 6.0 cam n tune 44tsls BL 6 thou. good pattern middle of the gear. Made it two maybe three rides?

Attachments

• dallas rnp.jpg
    dallas rnp.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 449
Elliott said:
Where you located. I'm about to go to 4.56 in my lp60 cause the 5.86 wont take the abuse from a stock tbi350 and 44's. I promise you my gears lasting one wheeling season was not due to being set up poorly. :****:

Hey Ricky B.......were dem photo's at man.

And i'd like to suggest a name for the next one................"right foot worthy" :driving:

This thread almost turned into a axle tech thread. Nice buggy TC glad you got it done I know it is a lot of work.

By the way. I run a LP60 wtih 5.38's. I have yet to break anything but axles. I would guess the r&p is about 4 years old.

Re: Re: Re: Game changer Wheres the photo shoot???

Elliott said:
Tbitoy. Think about what you just described about the pinion gears climbing that's what the snout bearing is suppose to help the pinion from doing, it makes it a lot stronger from that stand point alone.

In a rear drive application the snout bearing is not doing what you think it is.