• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GAP - Dirt Riot Race Round 1 - February 23, 2013

Re: Re: Re: GAP - Dirt Riot Race Round 1 - February 23, 2013

extremetownie said:
Nick
You are really messing with my game plan. I was going to follow you for 3 hours and 50 minutes and keep my junk rolling. Then a 10 minute sprint to the finish. I knew i could not keep up with julio.

Ha.
Ha.
Ha.

Yeah. I'm slow.

Ask Julio about durhamtown, he caught glimpse of me once then never saw me again. I was afraid of gettin bit by the Rattler!

scottlang said:
the dirt riot race is just an hour or 2 long i dont think it is 4 hours long is it?

2 hrs for you may be for us other slow pokes it may just be 4 hrs! :eek:

Seriously I have no clue is it time or lap based or both? :dunno: I was hoping they'd enlighten us during the driver meeting. That is unless someone knows? :drinkers:

Big told me the trail class is usually 1 hour, maybe 2. I say we vote for a 2 hour race, either way, we will spend many more hours cleaning the mud afterwards. Long way to drive for just a 1 hour race!

I guess i got the 2 race series confused. I was sure hoping for a 4 hour endurance race. Driving 5 1/2 hours each way for a 1 hour race sucks ass.

extremetownie said:
I guess i got the 2 race series confused. I was sure hoping for a 4 hour endurance race. Driving 5 1/2 hours each way for a 1 hour race sucks ass.

If your still racing 4600 class in ultra4 then i bet your race will be at least 3 hours

Neal3000 said:
Send in the Stig.........Mongo

nick knows better than to let me drive... 45 sec around a track and he thought the truck was toast at the fair

Mongo44 said:
nick knows better than to let me drive... 45 sec around a track and he thought the truck was toast at the fair

molaugh

Mongo44 said:

I was there with Nick and i was sure it was not coming back on it's own power.

extremetownie said:

But it made 3 more passes! loller.gif loller.gif

And won $450.... $250 of which BOUGHT 4 NEW WHEELS! :wtflol: :wtflol:

Kinda surprised no one in the crowd had decent video of that

Rain or shine guys - the course is sandy not a bunch of clay - so any holes have bottoms and won't swallow you

Rain percentages keep dropping and it's supposed to stop Saturday morning early

So come ready to run and have some fun

New routes and some great terrain

:D

TBItoy said:
Ha.
Ha.
Ha.

Yeah. I'm slow.

Ask Julio about durhamtown, he caught glimpse of me once then never saw me again. I was afraid of gettin bit by the Rattler!

HA HA HA HA .......Thats cause I could only run RATTLER at 80 persent speed cause the front axle was bangin up into tha frame / oil pan :flipoff1:,,,,,,,,,,,,,OH......you shoulda been at DPG.... ;D

extremetownie said:

You shoulda let me drive the killer :flipoff1:

TBItoy said:
Kinda surprised no one in the crowd had decent video of that

no one was expecting someone to hit every obstacle at speed...

Word to the wise, when you take off on the start line it gets really slick down at the bottom where the course veers left up onto the tires, if that is the way they are running it. If you carry too much speed into it you will go into the spin cycle :****:

Jeep1985 said:
Still going on? Heard there was a really small turnout?

I can imagine so. I bet its NASTY out there with the rain we had last night here. I was planning on riding out to spectate but sitting on the couch instead.

Thanks to everyone that came out to race, as race support for the teams, spectators, families, volunteers and media members.

Special Thanks to Brett Ezelle for getting us to come out and see the park on our visit last year. Brett was instrumental in us meeting John and Karen Glass the GAP operators, who were great to work with.
Without Brett, John and Karens help the event would not have been possible.

Hope to see everyone April 27 when we race in Birmingham at Gray Rock.
If you're looking for something to do the weekend before we will be in Dayton TN with our rock crawls and the party there is something to experience

Thanks
Big Rich, Shelley and Josh

I'm still not sure how this worked out. Nothing against Jeff McCullough, but we were told in the Driver's meeting that there were no chase trucks. Jeff was told that he could be towed back to his pitts by the park owner so he was pulled back . So it wasn't his fault because he was "told". I hit a tree and had a flat, I drove mine on around the course to make my lap. When I came in they told me he was disqualified. Me and Jason's crew went to Big Rich and asked, he said that jeff was DQ. So we decided to call the race it made Jason the winner, me 2nd, and Jeff 3rd. Jeff went back out and Big Rich stopped him and told him that he was DQ for being pulled back. Jeff protested and won the protest and they gave him my spot as 2nd place. I do not understand that I could have put a tire on and went back out too. So I tried to protest the call, But Big Rich said no. I asked why and he said because they protested him and not me?? I want to protest that call because we all could have kept going. I think if anything they could have gave us both 2nd place points. I think I deserve 2nd but because of the confusion we should share the points.