• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GAP - RockFest - August 23-25, 2013

Re: Re: Re: Re: GAP - RockFest - August 23-25, 2013

Yea that uhaul guy can eat a ****. I mean how the hell did them cocksuckers not realize they blocked the entire exit? You couldn't even squeeze a 4wheeler between em.

civicmindedex79 said:
Thought I put this **** like 3 pages back. My trailer and buggy stayed at the park the whole time. It is hard as hell to get out of.

I was conned into it by Chad (Zukimaster) lol. I wanted to leave my **** at the park. It actually wasn't that bad, it was just that toolbag that decided to block up the entire exit parking side by side with an Acadia.

bdillon2372 said:
Truth!! Saturday morning trying to snake around the U-Haul, I snagged another guys trailer with the corner of mine, thought I was fixin to buy him a tire, somehow didn't rip it!!! Luckily they were very cool about the whole deal (thanks guys!).. Long story short - EconoLodge website very misleading about the parking available, and yeah thanks to however was in the U-haul blocking exit... Had to back out this am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I left shortly after you and was able to get around him pretty easy. Maybe the difference between a bumper pull and gooseneck. Don't know.

But one time a long time ago I was just passing through Auburn on the way home from a trip. I didn't even know it, but it was a home game weekend. I was driving way too late and at about 1am decided to stop and try to get a room to sleep in for the night. Pulled into Econo Lodge and they didn't have vacancy, so I pulled around back with my 30-ft goose and tried to make that back corner. There were tons of cars making it a tight turn and I wasn't making it. I worked on it alone for about an hour, jumping in and out of the truck coming within inches of the cars. Finally a student walked up off the street and offered to help. He was obviously very drunk but I was needing any sort of help, so we worked on it for another hour together with ZERO success. Finally I mentioned that I was about to just drag my trailer up and over their damn pylons and he looks back there and goes, "Oh, I didn't see the trailer!" WTF HAVE WE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST DAMN HOUR YOUR DRUNK MOTHER ****ER!!!!!!????? That ended it for me, I told him to GTFO, and I drug the trailer right over the pylons, didn't care if I ripped a damn axle out. The driver side tires were 3' off the ground and I was able to just drag the axles over the pylon. It was 3am when I left the parking lot. It was a 2 hour trip through their parking lot and I wasn't able o find a room for another hour drive south.

So anyway, I agree, that parking lot ain't no fun.

Re: Re: GAP - RockFest - August 23-25, 2013

Someone moved the Acadia or the Uhaul before you left then. They were parked literally side by side taking up the entire width near the exit and there was no way around or between, only over them if you was driving a monster truck. Could have maybe slipped a dirt bike between them, but that's it. Some dirty hippy in a 2wd early 2000's chevy truck with loud ass pipes on it was also trying to get out that way, parked, went in, then came back out, and just went out the entrance. He was pulling no trailer. I assume he went in and bitched, then someone moved their ****. But it was still in the way when we finally got turned around. We drove all over their pretty little grass lawn in the back to turn around. Lol

85buggy said:
I've got a steering wheel. Mashed the fawker at AOP last weekend.

Dad called earlier and he still has a red leather wrapped steering wheel that he had on his Corvette drag car. It's flat across the bottom and that's huge so I'll have a little more leg room, just gotta find an adapter. Preciate it though!

ROCKFEST 2013

I am addressing all who chose to be a part of this event, whether you were present or just kept tabs on the activities. I finished cleaning the park yesterday (Monday Aug. 26). I would like to give a great thanks to all of you who treated this event here at The Great American Park with respect and admiration for the property. This development through the past four years has provided a great place for offroad and recreational use. All groups who camped in the park made remarkable efforts to clean up on the last day, except for one camp site. Everyone placed the trash in the available cans or you simply put the trash in neat piles to be picked up. As for the one camp site, I do not know who you are but I do hope you read this message. Your group left the BIGGEST mess I have ever cleaned up at the park, you threw everything down that you brought in to the park. If you can"t remember who you are then maybe this will remind you. You love to eat Krystal burgers and McDonald Chicken sandwiches, you even left a full bag off these sandwiches by the large rocks placed around the fire. I hope in the future that you can repent and not LITTER any other park.

Now, this is whats really important. All of you are who makes the park as great as it is. I have seen offroading at its best through these four years, Mud Trucks gunning their rigs through boggs with raging horsepower, ATV's cutting through trails and jumping anything in its path, UTV's speeding through the tracks and wheeling in places unimaginable, especially this last tour jumping "The Ledge of Faith" and last the "Rock Crawlers & Rock Bouncers" making rock runs that look impossible become "the real deal". Many of you have given my family and I much credit for the success of the park, but this success is shared between us all.

I want to give a special thanks to several people. First my wife, who has shared in this endeavor to get ready for "RockFest", she has supported me with love and hard work. Next Brett Ezelle, who has been "The Voice" for the Great American Park. John G. for allowing our posts on "Hardline Crawlers". Eric Hagan, Matt Myrick, and Stephen Alexander, it's your fault for me starting this rock adventure, HA! but you know, I'm glad you came along. Danny Davis, my sidekick help who has really answered the call of duty to get "stuff" ready.

Next, Randall Key, Brandon Dillon, Richie Keith, Bobby Tanner, Shelby Tanner, Joshua Rohling, and Brent Mewbourn; the first competitive "Rock Bouncers" to come to the park. Bobby, Brett said you were worried about what I would think when you flipped on the Ledge, you know I did imagine the Rock Bouncers jumping around through the power crawl area to put on a show for the spectators, but your guts to hit that Ledge has and will draw more attention to "The Ledge of Faith" at The Great American Park better than anything else ever seen. Shelby, thanks for coming along with your Dad. I think the Lady's want to join you in this sport.

Busted Knuckles Films, Ricky B Photography, and Madram11 Films; thanks for your support of the park.
Racers For Christ and all the Gospel groups who sang throughout the day.

Finally again to all, the credit has to be given to God, he has provided us with good ways to have fun and he lets us choose how we are to live while having it. Eternal life is worth pursuing, the dividends will be great. If you are not sure about what the Lord has in store for us then check with the "Racers for Christ" they will tell you all about it.

Sincerely, John L. Glass