• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired GMC/ Chevrolet HD 2500 THE SEARCH IS OVER

Cole said:
I have a ToolBox fuel tank combo that holds around 40 gallons of fuel and gravity feeds into my main tank. It's awesome for longer trips and when pulling the buggy. Combined I can hold around 65 gallons of diesel.

What ya want out of that combo? $50-75 :dunno: molaugh Let me know thumb.gif

CHASMAN9 said:
I am not sure, but if it was it would ride pretty stiff and mine rides great. :****: I will look at it this weekend and let you know.

mine is not. it rides better than my cousins stock truck. i was thinking if i put the 37's on it i could raise the torsion up if it rubbed bad.

Towed her behind Big Blue this weekend to Baseball tourney in Villa Rica Georgia. About the same as the Humma, she pulls like a fat bastard away from birthday cake. NOT TOO GOOD. But what the hell, I like it. :dblthumb:

CHASMAN9 said:
Towed her behind Big Blue this weekend to Baseball tourney in Villa Rica Georgia. About the same as the Humma, she pulls like a fat bastard away from birthday cake. NOT TOO GOOD. But what the hell, I like it. :dblthumb:
suprizing really that bad huh?

I bought me an Edge Juice Attitude setup with monitor off Ebay. Great buy and now she's got some serious grunt. :dblthumb:
1- stock
2- mileage
3- tow
4- drive
5- race
6- extreme

Good to go now... :dblthumb:

watch those egt's if you tow with it turned up.
I wasn't reading this, need to just find somebody with efi live and have them tune it. John (ben, miles, others of us's buddy) takes efi live on his laptop everywhere and did a couple at KOH. $150 to buy the VIN and then whatever you need. He did Ben's dually and it will smoke tires and gets better mileage now.

blacksheep10 said:
watch those egt's if you tow with it turned up.
I wasn't reading this, need to just find somebody with efi live and have them tune it. John (ben, miles, others of us's buddy) takes efi live on his laptop everywhere and did a couple at KOH. $150 to buy the VIN and then whatever you need. He did Ben's dually and it will smoke tires and gets better mileage now.

Yes EFI Live is awesome. I hope to add it to mine before to long, and maybe some Twins :popcorn:

Cole said:
Yes EFI Live is awesome. I hope to add it to mine before to long, and maybe some Twins :popcorn:

I am not familiar with EFI live. What is that and who can do it? Twins? :dunno:

jtreeves1 said:
you got any problems with the law on the window tint?

Not yet, and let me tell you, you cannot see inside day or night, but really have no problem seeing out like I thought I might. thumb.gif

CHASMAN9 said:
I am not familiar with EFI live. What is that and who can do it? Twins? :dunno:

it's where you tune your tuck with a laptop or you can buy tunes already made up and install them. It's better than progammer out there. You can check out duramaxtuner.com I believe. He sell package deals.
As far as twins go the kit cost around $4500 and makes 580hp at the rear wheels and the egts never get over 1250 degrees.
Makes 55lbs of boost with the stock motor. Guy here in town has them on his dually and it is crazy fast. Daniel has drove it and will tell you how bad it is.
Only thing is you really need a built transmission to handle them.

Cole said:
it's where you tune your tuck with a laptop or you can buy tunes already made up and install them. It's better than progammer out there. You can check out duramaxtuner.com I believe. He sell package deals.
As far as twins go the kit cost around $4500 and makes 580hp at the rear wheels and the egts never get over 1250 degrees.
Makes 55lbs of boost with the stock motor. Guy here in town has them on his dually and it is crazy fast. Daniel has drove it and will tell you how bad it is.
Only thing is you really need a built transmission to handle them.

What is the cost of EFI live versus a programmer? I know guys like Brian C programs his fuel injuections with a laptop, is this similar to that? :dunno:

As for the twins, I think I would stack before I spent that much money. :****: What is on yours Cole?

Just went to Duramaxtuner.com and that is some crazy stuff. I would end up blowing up my junk with all that information. :****:

Cole said:
I have a ToolBox fuel tank combo that holds around 40 gallons of fuel and gravity feeds into my main tank. It's awesome for longer trips and when pulling the buggy. Combined I can hold around 65 gallons of diesel.

Can you control whether it runs of the truck tank or the one in your bed. That would be awesome for off road diesel in the event you got checked. Just flip the switch and no one is the wiser

J.A.B said:
Can you control whether it runs of the truck tank or the one in your bed. That would be awesome for off road diesel in the event you got checked. Just flip the switch and no one is the wiser

It is set up to gravity feed, so it basically keeps the stock tank completely full until the bed tank runs out, then the stock tank starts to go dry. That is how they plumb them in at Truck Supply anyways. You can also do it on an electric valve and control when it goes in, probably harder to do and more money.

Just what Gregg needs something else to throw horsepower at.......

Gregg set the programmer on economy or tow setting and rock out. If you start running it on the higher settings that tranny is going to hate you.

CHASMAN9 said:
What is the cost of EFI live versus a programmer? I know guys like Brian C programs his fuel injuections with a laptop, is this similar to that? :dunno:

As for the twins, I think I would stack before I spent that much money. :****: What is on yours Cole?

I have a Suncoast transmission, air dog lift pump, bully dog intake and exhaust, and a PPE programmer.
The thing about twins is you can keep your EGTs low. With my PPE on the 300hp setting my egts get really high quick, like 1500. With the twin setup it makes a ton more power and doesn't get over 1250 which is awesome.
http://www.powerlabsdiesel.com/index.html