• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GMP - Hardline Ride - August 19-21, 2016

Re: Save The Date - Hardline Ride

It's not that I dislike Windrock, been there, and it was OK, but it's just not my favorite kind of riding: Pack lunch and ride all day and PRAY you don't break out there, and possibly get lost meaning you'll get back to camp 1-3 hours after you had originally intended, which was already late in the day.

I miss Tellico. Kind of. But I don't by any means miss that style of riding: ALL DAY. I thoroughly enjoy coming back to camp anytime I need to. Lunch breaks. brake breaks. And there are way too many parks these days that I don't even get to go to twice in a years time. I want to hit these park destinations more. So I never go to Windrock.

I personally think AOP would be a kick-ass park for us to meet up. Has ALL the amenities and is 5 minutes from a chinese buffet AND a walmarts...

Re:

That's one thing I like about GMP too. You can walk back to the truck when your rig breaks and drive 10 min to Cookeville or 5 min to Sparta

LandSpeeder said:
I personally think AOP would be a kick-ass park for us to meet up. Has ALL the amenities and is 5 minutes from a chinese buffet AND a walmarts...

and a waffle house, krystals, Mexican place, fireworks store and so on lol

Count me in! If its with in a 5 hour drive of bardstown... Iv never been to golden mountain but id love to try it. And i like the hell out of windrock so count me in

Bronco72 said:
Count me in! If its with in a 5 hour drive of bardstown... Iv never been to golden mountain but id love to try it. And i like the hell out of windrock so count me in

Bardstown? ?? KY? ????

Windrock definitely has the "long ways out" disadvantage....no way around that. I guess I'm just numb to that aspect as 99% of my offroading has been at Tellico and Windrock.

I do remember visiting GMP for the first time and was blown away with the smallness of it. I remember even debating bringing my huge toolbox / toolkit with me on the Jeep. My toolbox probably weighs 60lbs plus I keep another one inside a storage compartment on the jeep. It's basically every tool I own. Very rarely are there pix taken of my jeep with no big red tool box on the back.

So, with that said....I completely understand some peoples avoidance of Windrock. I don't mind the "pack a lunch and eat it on the trail" thing. It's just what I'm used to.

With that being said, AOP or GMP is fine with me. AOP getting a little more of a head nod since I've only been there once.

FYI....there's a killer Chinese buffet in Oak Ridge near Windrock....and a Wal Mart.......and a Red Lobster.....and a Taco place. ;)

I would love to make this one!!
I'm too far from the rest of you turds to really have a vote on location, cause they all suck for me...drive wise... That said, depending on location I will do my best to be there, I sure would like to put faces with names!!

Luv some good all day trail riding. I always have tools and spares and I'm pretty sure our normal wheeling crew can get out of whatever we got ourselves into no matter how far away we are from camp.

Re: Re: Save The Date - Hardline Ride

sledneck said:
Luv some good all day trail riding. I always have tools and spares and I'm pretty sure our normal wheeling crew can get out of whatever we got ourselves into no matter how far away we are from camp.
That's just part of the fun!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Windrock= no BEER :gay: if am going to be riding all day am bring some beer/something fun. Some are going to get on here and say oh you can have beer just have to hide it or be careful where you drink it :gtfo: :gay:! I don't need to be told were I can or can't drink. I do that everyday at work. So **** that **** :gtfo: :gay:

I am emailing back and forth with Golden Mountain. I will keep everybody updated.

86chevota said:
Windrock= no BEER :gay: if am going to be riding all day am bring some beer/something fun. Some are going to get on here and say oh you can have beer just have to hide it or be careful where you drink it :gtfo: :gay:! I don't need to be told were I can or can't drink. I do that everyday at work. So **** that **** :gtfo: :gay:

You can drink at camp. Drink Gatorade all day for a puking rally later. Problem solved. ::)

In !

Had a blast last time, no way I'm missing this one :woot:

Bebop said:
In !

Had a blast last time, no way I'm missing this one :woot:

I'll keep you a seat if you need it. Suspension is a helluva lot softer now and there is some suspension flex now.