• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GMP Hardline Ride Saturday Night Meet and Greet

How many total people are you bringing that are gonna eat?

Votes: 5 22.7%

Votes: 11 50.0%

Votes: 4 18.2%

Votes: 2 9.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: GMP Hardline Ride

I'll wait until we get closer and see what we need, but I'm up to bring whatever.

What kind of cooker you guys need to cook all this food. I might can get one to do everything. It will be fired with wood and charcoal and is a big smoker type but can be left open. I might even look into renting one big enough. Since I live in Sparta it will be easy to transport.

28 confirmed so far, hot dogs and hamburgers at 2 a piece would equal a pretty decent sized grill. I am sure we should get at least double that number. I am going to be back at camp around 6pm to start cooking and setting up. I've got a small camp grill I will bring to cook hot dogs. I can do 20 plus at the time and it is easy to set up and clean. I have a small camp table. We will need at least a few more tables.

Music.....anyone want to volunteer some tunes that won't take over the whole damn place? Nothing against any genre of music, but I would like to have clear music, not base that rattles my ballsack. Ben Bone has always had good music at an appropriate level. Someone please mimic that to make those awkward silences a little less awkward.

Sides - Even store bought baked beans in a huge tub, with a little doctoring should be sufficient along with some cole slaw. Then some pickles, catchup, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato and onion and we should be good. Thoughts, comments and concerns?

Campfires are nice, but in August, might be a little on the warm side. Y'all make the decision on that one. I'm not making smores, so I won't be bringing any wood.

Re:

There is plenty of downed trees and tops and such in the park if anyone is so inclined to gather wood to build a fire.

For sides, I was thinking we could take up some $ when everyone gathers and starts cooking, elect some people to make a Walmart run and pick all that stuff up at the deli. Would be easier than people having to dedicate cooler space to several tubs of sides.

Just a thought.

I have some folding tables a can bring. There should be some picnic tables at the pavilion, and/or we can gather some that aren't being used from other places and just put em back on Sunday

I hope I can get to this ride. Thats the weekend of my moms bday. Not sure if there will be anything going on or not. If i get to come i'll bring my own i dont want to commit and then not show because that **** annoys the **** out of me when someone does it.

Once the number of people are decided upon that will be eating, I will furnish the cook area. I can pick up a piece of expanded metal and get a few concrete blocks and if Anthony ( park manager) has no objections, throw a grill together that can be fired with wood and charcoal. I can make it 8' long and two feet wide and will be big enough to cook for all. You can count on four with me.

Maybe just to have one and remember those that have fallen. Remember the days when I had hair. :rolf:

I'm not about to say dirty **** about JD. He's your crush. :flipoff1:

I'm going to try and make this but it will be a last day decision depending on several things. If so i don't mind throwing some money in or taking a trip to town to buy some things.

BTT for some questions and thoughts.

• How's parking by the pavilion? Is there gonna be enough room for everyone to park and mingle? I think it'd be cool to get a group shot of all the rigs and the people if its possible.
  • I didn't know there was a store within a short drive, that will make planning a lot easier. A little closer to time, I will try and designate someone to drive and pick up supplies. Preferably a non-drinker or someone that hasn't started drinking yet.
  • I would like a volunteer for music, that is 100% coming. If I had a radio worth listening too, I'd do it myself. I just have a small blue tooth setup that is good for the pool, if no one is making noise.
  • Trash receptacles......how are they at the pavilion? Is there a dumpster on site? I have no problem dumping all the trash. I want to keep the place as clean or cleaner than when we get there.

I'll toss up some more thoughts later. I am also welcoming any ideas you guys may have. I know I am going to bring some markers and name tags because I am awful with names and it helps me remember, if not but for a short while.

Re:

There is plenty of parking all around and near the pavilion. That pavilion is also back off the road so dust and passing traffic won't be an issue.

lowbudgetjunk said:
  • I would like a volunteer for music, that is 100% coming. If I had a radio worth listening too, I'd do it myself. I just have a small blue tooth setup that is good for the pool, if no one is making noise.

I'm not ****ing listening to coon tunes.