• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Goin' to KOH for first time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still only 50/50 on going to this KOH thing. Most likely will weight the $1500 (minimum!!!) this trip will cost against buying parts.....RC and/or 1:1 :redneck:

Let's meet up with Jayluke and Rockrig make a plan so we all can afford to go....

When are you thinking of heading down?

Terry

I have to talk with Keith and Jason. But I am assuming early in the week. Most likely will leave on the 6th? I'm guessing but that's looking like it would make the most sense. As it gets closer and plans change. I will for sure fill you in on details Terry :awesomework: It's gonna be so cool/fun/challenging/memorable/ect...:cool:

Terry, just dont drive like jeff or you'll be shitting parts the whole time. Since i know you dont drive like him youll be fine.

I am heading down with nate8887 and by the sounds of things i think we might have to take off a little earlier in the week nate maybe leeve tues or weds. Were takeing my jeep its a 4 door it has heat and ac and the windows roll up. I dont want to be climbing in and out of a flat fender all weekend lol. Not to mention their will be 4 of us in the jeep.

It all depends on who can get time off work and when. I am down to leave earlier just depends on derrick and others really.

Well derick can take time off when ever really he has workers. brett is a paver and ownes the company im retired so if you can do it we can. I took the jeep out on the trailes tonight and beat the holly hell out of it and she didnt miss a beat so i think she will be ready to rock.:beer:

Terry. Brent/Mr. Blue is driving down on Sunday the 7th. You guys should meet up and caravan down together. I will be leaving Fri night the 5th

If I go with the Bully Dog crew, I'd love to meet up with some of you guys for a beer or whatever. I've never been there so this will all be new for me.

Hell yeah. The Bully Dog crew is :cool: Those guys know what they are doing in the dessert for sure:beer: I met a bunch of'em in Reno last year. Look for my rig. It even has a Bully Dog sticker on the dash

Terry. Brent/Mr. Blue is driving down on Sunday the 7th. You guys should meet up and caravan down together. I will be leaving Fri night the 5th

Sounds good. Will have to get in touch with Brent.

to all of you who speak the nasty "w" word....STOP!!! for those of us who have called the hammers home when that word is used it can curse what could have been a great weekend.

as for being prepared, it's all been covered but i'll reiterate. goggles are a must, if for no other reason they help keep yer face warm at night when yer driving back from a late run. bring lots of firewood. i believe dave and jeff have been in contact with some locals who sell firewood, and are trying to get them selling it on the lakebed, but dont quote me on that. bring enough supplies (beer, food, etc) to last at least a day or two more than you plan on staying. there will inevitably be someone there who didn't prepare and will bum some brats or some beers off you. find someplace warm to sleep. if a tent is all you have, it can work but make sure that you have lots of weight and try to get it blocked in by some of the trailers/motorhomes. the best option if you don't have yer own place is a sleeping bag in the back of an enclosed trailer someone used to tow their rig down in. it can get cold in there, but a decent bag and wearing somethin warm to sleep in makes it more than bearable. last but not least, bring lots of spare parts. it doesn't matter if you've been wheelin your rig all over the country for years, or if it's the rig's first run...the hammers WILL find a way to break something. and, at least in my experience, if you've got a well tested rig what breaks is usually something off the wall that you wouldn't even think of carrying a spare for.

if anyone has more specific questions, or wants further advice...feel free to ask. I've spent many a night out on means dry lake bed and wheeled with some of the best out there (was just down there over new years weekend).

Status
Not open for further replies.