• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golden Mountain Park - Closing

I saw one person at the raffle with a hardline shirt on who was it didn't get a chance to talk to you.

Re: Re: Golden Mountain Park - Closing

jeeptj99 said:
Lucky you didn't get your ass beat. They threatened me and referred to me as the ****ing guy from hardline
Hahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahaha

Not really, however

i did corner Ray Stanley about what A certain unnamed group was doing
to Help keep GMP open.....and i got a very political run around answer
about the lady who owns the park... typical.

"Disclaimer" i know that this is private property...but since a
certain group claims to care about saving riding areas i thought i
would see how they have helped in this
situation....hahahahahahahahahahaha

This was my first time at the park and i totally regret that i have
never went there before now, it had to be some of the best riding that
i have ever done. I mean, you just pull off the road and with in
fifty yards you are in rock heaven, and great trails in all
directions, that blew me away. This park is truly one of the coolest
layouts from the stand point of how easy it is to get around....any
direction you go there is something good.

And if this park closes for good it would be such a shame, what a loss
it would be.

All of the guys in the group i was riding with had one of the BEST
wheeling trips we may have ever had, it was such a great time, the
weather was great until late yesterday and the fact it was dry made
the crawling amazing.

If someone doesn't buy this and keep it open it truly would be sad,
what a great opportunity.

I find it hard to believe that this park is not really talked about
more than it is, i know over the years i have heard others say it is
one of the best rock crawling places in the south, but it looks like
more people would talk about it...may be the lack of promotion...or
the lack of good management, i don't know.

I hope this i not the first and only time i will ever get to ride the
place...i guess one of my favorite thing was going though the squeeze
in the Jungle, we ran Razorback in the dark right off the bat on
Thursday and ran Honeybee before the rain started on Saturday and all
most every other trail in the park..."Dixiepc" was tracking it with a
mapping app on his phone which was cool....i am not really a Tech type
of guy, i have a flip phone.

9bd131729c9e7505f156489fe8eae6f9.jpg

ftoy516 said:
i did corner Ray Stanley about what A certain unnamed group was doing
to Help keep GMP open.....and i got a very political run around answer
about the lady who owns the park... typical.

"Disclaimer" i know that this is private property...but since a
certain group claims to care about saving riding areas i thought i
would see how they have helped in this
situation....hahahahahahahahahahaha

This was my first time at the park and i totally regret that i have
never went there before now, it had to be some of the best riding that
i have ever done. I mean, you just pull off the road and with in
fifty yards you are in rock heaven, and great trails in all
directions, that blew me away. This park is truly one of the coolest
layouts from the stand point of how easy it is to get around....any
direction you go there is something good.

And if this park closes for good it would be such a shame, what a loss
it would be.

All of the guys in the group i was riding with had one of the BEST
wheeling trips we may have ever had, it was such a great time, the
weather was great until late yesterday and the fact it was dry made
the crawling amazing.

If someone doesn't buy this and keep it open it truly would be sad,
what a great opportunity.

I find it hard to believe that this park is not really talked about
more than it is, i know over the years i have heard others say it is
one of the best rock crawling places in the south, but it looks like
more people would talk about it...may be the lack of promotion...or
the lack of good management, i don't know.

I recognize that rig, we were camping back to back. You gave your parking spot to my wife (much appreciated) on Thursday.

I have been telling everyone that will listen about how awesome this place is/was for years. This place separates the talkers from the doers when it comes to rock crawlers! Too many good rock gardens. They literally are in every direction. I always leave GMP wishing I had made it over to run such-n-such trail.

People bitching about lack of trail maintenance... I thought the place was on point this year. No dozer work anywhere until Anthony cleared a path to get the backhoe up to the cave.

Lack of management due to complete lack of give-a-**** is why it is closing. It has to actually be managed to make money but the lady has no interest in that.

And kudos to you for having enough sack to show up and confront folks face to face instead of just talking big like so many web/fb badasses.

Wish I could have tried Honey Bee one last time. Never made it up the bottom ledge on that trail. It was just to last minute for me to make it. Hopefully it reopens.

This was the most epic weekend of pure crawling I have ever had. The weather was great, the trails in terrific shape and the traction was insane.
I truly hat eif that was in fact the last event there. GMP has so much potential to be a premier wheeling/crawling destination.

Jody Treadway said:
This was the most epic weekend of pure crawling I have ever had. The weather was great, the trails in terrific shape and the traction was insane.
I truly hat eif that was in fact the last event there. GMP has so much potential to be a premier wheeling/crawling destination.

I knew I recognized your truck but couldn't remember who you were. I was camped below you by the dirt track fence.

Traction was good till the rain Saturday. We hit the Moon trail earlier in the day and I'd love to say walked it but I'm in an XJ so I beat the piss out of it but made it. Tried it again that night and couldn't even get to the rocks. It just got flat out slick and my wife didn't care for sliding around so my riding got cut a little bit short, like 1am instead of 3-4 like the night before.

xjmarc said:
I knew I recognized your truck but couldn't remember who you were. I was camped below you by the dirt track fence.

Traction was good till the rain Saturday. We hit the Moon trail earlier in the day and I'd love to say walked it but I'm in an XJ so I beat the piss out of it but made it. Tried it again that night and couldn't even get to the rocks. It just got flat out slick and my wife didn't care for sliding around so my riding got cut a little bit short, like 1am instead of 3-4 like the night before.

We got stuck at the entrance of one of the "______ Bee" trails just as it was opening up. Needless to say, we went back to camp and got some supper. The rain made the creekbed trail enjoyable at least

twostep said:
I recognize that rig, we were camping back to back. You gave your parking spot to my wife (much appreciated) on Thursday.

I have been telling everyone that will listen about how awesome this place is/was for years. This place separates the talkers from the doers when it comes to rock crawlers! Too many good rock gardens. They literally are in every direction. I always leave GMP wishing I had made it over to run such-n-such trail.

People bitching about lack of trail maintenance... I thought the place was on point this year. No dozer work anywhere until Anthony cleared a path to get the backhoe up to the cave.

Lack of management due to complete lack of give-a-**** is why it is closing. It has to actually be managed to make money but the lady has no interest in that.

And kudos to you for having enough sack to show up and confront folks face to face instead of just talking big like so many web/fb badasses.

No problem about moving for your wife to park.

I wanted to know right on the spot what reaction he would have....and it was just like a politician...as expected. They only care about the main stream market.

I got the impression that unless you are wearing a shirt that represents a bolt on Jeep club, they could careless who you are or what you have to say about off roading.....and the sad thing is that i was just a guy in a TJ around 15 years ago that was showing up to a Dixie run to see other guys in buggies hit the hard stuff. Back then everyone respected each other for loving the same hobby.

I really don't think you could have ask for a better weekend of wheeling weather, it felt like there was traction for days until it rained on Saturday evening. We ran Honey Bee just before it rained....what a great trail. We ran Razorback in the dark on Thursday when we got there i tried to climb the ledge at the top of Honey Bee, but when we ran Honey Bee and got to the ledge at the top (which was the same ledge) it did not look anything like it did in the dark. I did not even recognize it to be the same place....and i did not even look at climbing it the same way in the daylight to the way i tried it in the dark.. Funny how that changes everything.

ftoy516 said:
No problem about moving for your wife to park.

I wanted to know right on the spot what reaction he would have....and it was just like a politician...as expected. They only care about the main stream market.

I got the impression that unless you are wearing a shirt that represents a bolt on Jeep club, they could careless who you are or what you have to say about off roading.....and the sad thing is that i was just a guy in a TJ around 15 years ago that was showing up to a Dixie run to see other guys in buggies hit the hard stuff. Back then everyone respected each other for loving the same hobby.

I really don't think you could have ask for a better weekend of wheeling weather, it felt like there was traction for days until it rained on Saturday evening. We ran Honey Bee just before it rained....what a great trail. We ran Razorback in the dark on Thursday when we got there i tried to climb the ledge at the top of Honey Bee, but when we ran Honey Bee and got to the ledge at the top (which was the same ledge) it did not look anything like it did in the dark. I did not even recognize it to be the same place....and i did not even look at climbing it the same way in the daylight to the way i tried it in the dark.. Funny how that changes everything.
Funny, seeing as hardline was/is a member.

If you look at older pics of the place online, someone cared and wanted to make money at some point. Motor cross, dirt track racing, weddings, etc... they tried it all at one point.

Hell, you could probly keep the place open and make money just on renting the pavilions for weddings.

paradisepwoffrd said:
Funny, seeing as hardline was/is a member.

If you look at older pics of the place online, someone cared and wanted to make money at some point. Motor cross, dirt track racing, weddings, etc... they tried it all at one point.

Hell, you could probly keep the place open and make money just on renting the pavilions for weddings.

I think they had a go cart track and bumper boats and maybe even putt- putt golf at one time :dunno: