• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golden Mountain Park - Closing

paradisepwoffrd said:
Funny, seeing as hardline was/is a member.

If you look at older pics of the place online, someone cared and wanted to make money at some point. Motor cross, dirt track racing, weddings, etc... they tried it all at one point.

Hell, you could probly keep the place open and make money just on renting the pavilions for weddings.

Most of the structures are from 30 years ago. Dirt track/Moto cross about 15-20. It's been an off-road park for ~10.

They did the wedding thing a lot a few years ago. I got married there.

BUT to other non-wheeling people looking to rent out the big pavilion/wedding pavilion, they weren't very up-front about what to expect at an off-road park on a nice weather weekend in the spring/summer.

Plus the RV campground is up right behind the wedding area, so rigs would be going back and forth to camp during wedding stuff.

Unless the wedding party wanted to rent the whole park to themselves, but most didn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
Don't you live out west where there is literally 1000s of acres of public land to access?
I wish... N.C. 40 miles from Tellico. I've seen what happens first hand when a great place to wheel shuts down and there is zero you can do about it. Tread lightly, SFWDA, and all the others just want your money. They don't give two shits about your cause.

TBItoy said:
Most of the structures are from 30 years ago. Dirt track/Moto cross about 15-20. It's been an off-road park for ~10.

They did the wedding thing a lot a few years ago. I got married there.

BUT to other non-wheeling people looking to rent out the big pavilion/wedding pavilion, they weren't very up-front about what to expect at an off-road park on a nice weather weekend in the spring/summer.

Plus the RV campground is up right behind the wedding area, so rigs would be going back and forth to camp during wedding stuff.

Unless the wedding party wanted to rent the whole park to themselves, but most didn't

*couple standing at the altar*
Priest- "we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of this couple"
Open header LS buggy- "ba ba ba ba ba ba ba"
*couple shouting their vows over the sound of WFO rev limiter in the distance"
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ftoy516 said:
It may have been me. I had on the Gray one. I won a gift card at the raffle, so i walked up to the front.

I had to represent!!

I would say it was you we were sitting by the jeep that is going to be raffled off next month.

Re: Re: Golden Mountain Park - Closing

Funny, seeing as hardline was/is a member.

[/quote]

I went to piss when they were calling out the clubs and didn't hear if they even called out hardline.

jeepmedic said:
I wish... N.C. 40 miles from Tellico. I've seen what happens first hand when a great place to wheel shuts down and there is zero you can do about it. Tread lightly, SFWDA, and all the others just want your money. They don't give two shits about your cause.

This is the second park to close with SFWDA help AOP better watch out.

El Diablo said:
This is the second park to close with SFWDA help AOP better watch out.

I don't know how much "help" GMP accepted from SFWDA. I think GMP only rented the park to SFWDA for Dixie Run and that was it. I could be wrong.

I had a great time at the GMP farewell ride. Stayed away from the crowds as best I could. Just enjoyed the weather, trails and friends as much as possible.

Re: Re: Golden Mountain Park - Closing

jeepmedic said:
Hahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahaha Hahahahahahahahaha

wizzo said:
I don't know how much "help" GMP accepted from SFWDA. I think GMP only rented the park to SFWDA for Dixie Run and that was it. I could be wrong.

Anti-SFWDA folks stroking each other aside, GMP is closing simply because the old lady just doesn't want to put someone in place to run it right. It's not closing because it has too, it is closing because she just doesn't want to **** with it and/or she is finally getting serious about selling.

twostep said:
Anti-SFWDA folks stroking each other aside, GMP is closing simply because the old lady just doesn't want to put someone in place to run it right. It's not closing because it has too, it is closing because she just doesn't want to **** with it and/or she is finally getting serious about selling.

I agree. Not stroking anyone. My comment was intended as, I don't know if or how much "help" SFWDA offered GMP. I'm also inclined to believe that if SFWDA did offer "help" to GMP, GMP likely declined it. The park costs money and the way it has been operated, it will not make money. So the widow of the gentlemen who bought the land, see's it as a pain in her ass that costs her money. It's easy for her to pull the plug and walk away.

End of the day it's an unfortunate situation. I hate it. I loved wheeling there.

People probably don't remember that GMP has closed twice already that I know of since it has been an offroad park.

And it's closed as a business probably a half dozen times over the past 30 years.