• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good ol' derail

Re: $$$$Money maker$$$$

There's almost no down travel at ride height. And furthermore at full bump the front nose/belly will be practically touching the ground. :dunno: My guess is the front tires will carry air in uphill rutted climbs a lot more than he'd like.

tallnate said:
There's almost no down travel at ride height. And furthermore at full bump the front nose/belly will be practically touching the ground. :dunno: My guess is the front tires will carry air in uphill rutted climbs a lot more than he'd like.

Yea, that one heim looks maxed out at ride height.

0a91676e9d536906321f5cc74e3ae7c3.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Buggy definitely looks different, but will be interesting to see how it works.

I'm curious why he went with a SCS case this time instead of the Hero case?

ridered3 said:
Buggy definitely looks different, but will be interesting to see how it works.

I'm curious why he went with a SCS case this time instead of the Hero case?
Probably same side offset front and rear

redneckengineered said:
Who wants to place bets on those being 42 Treps? :****:
Said 40s on his video. Woops late to the party guess we have figured out the top secret tire size.

Wtf happened here? Did his tube notcher break or did he run out of tube? Flame suit on...

This^
I was at least expecting some KPI to get his scrub down. The hubs/outers are a big problem. You need your upper and lower imaginary line to pass through the outer joint, so with that huge hub on there his pivots have to be a mile inboard. With his inner cv's that close together and the lower arms that far apart I can't imagine him not having a metric ****ton of plunge as well, what series 30 are made for I guess.

I put this on the pirate thread too because i am genuinely interested in some reasoning behind the build...does anyone here know "why" it was built that way: ?

Probably going to get jumped on for being a "hater"…but I ask this out of curiosity and will leave my opinions out. It's his rig he can build it to look however he wants…who cares.

For someone that knows more about IFS setups…

Why would it be set up at full droop like that, and can that be corrected via shock tuning? I don't know how much travel an IFS setup like that has…but it looks like he is set up at damn near full down (not just with the limit straps, but with the CVs and the arms as well).

I know he can just lower it down and it will sit right…but would need to do that with the rear as well and the rear looks to be sitting where it needs to be?

The clearance that he has under there is awesome and will certainly help him in the ruts on climbs….but I don't understand the process of setting it up at full down like that.

Does anyone know the thought process there to set it up that way? Can it be tuned out to be corrected?

blacksheep10 said:
This^
I was at least expecting some KPI to get his scrub down. The hubs/outers are a big problem. You need your upper and lower imaginary line to pass through the outer joint, so with that huge hub on there his pivots have to be a mile inboard. With his inner cv's that close together and the lower arms that far apart I can't imagine him not having a metric ****ton of plunge as well, what series 30 are made for I guess.

My girlfriend prefers more plunge but that has nothing to do with suspension.

Carry on.

It's scary the amount of smarts in the members in HL. And I'm not joking (very rare). Be pretty badass to get a bunch of HL members together to build some cool as ****. I'm gonna put that on my "If I win the lotto" list ... dam y'all smart fukers make me feel dum..
Any hoo, I would bet that buddy knows what the hell hes doing .. And if he didn't I would guess he has some other really really smart fukers number to call and ask.. And get help with build... Hell everything he builds is jam up as far as performance goes, I tend to have faith that this bitch is gonna spank some ass!!

*This message was approved by a person that could give 2 fuks either way, and is 150% not a TC (or any "bouncer" ) nut hugger... Thank you.