• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good ol' derail

Re: $$$$Money maker$$$$

kushKrawlin said:
It's scary the amount of smarts in the members in HL. And I'm not joking (very rare). Be pretty badass to get a bunch of HL members together to build some cool as ****. I'm gonna put that on my "If I win the lotto" list ... dam y'all smart fukers make me feel dum..
Any hoo, I would bet that buddy knows what the hell hes doing .. And if he didn't I would guess he has some other really really smart fukers number to call and ask.. And get help with build... Hell everything he builds is jam up as far as performance goes, I tend to have faith that this bitch is gonna spank some ass!!

*This message was approved by a person that could give 2 fuks either way, and is 150% not a TC (or any "bouncer" ) nut hugger... Thank you.

X2

kushKrawlin said:
It's scary the amount of smarts in the members in HL. And I'm not joking (very rare). Be pretty badass to get a bunch of HL members together to build some cool as ****. I'm gonna put that on my "If I win the lotto" list ... dam y'all smart fukers make me feel dum..
Any hoo, I would bet that buddy knows what the hell hes doing .. And if he didn't I would guess he has some other really really smart fukers number to call and ask.. And get help with build... Hell everything he builds is jam up as far as performance goes, I tend to have faith that this bitch is gonna spank some ass!!

*This message was approved by a person that could give 2 fuks either way, and is 150% not a TC (or any "bouncer" ) nut hugger... Thank you.
the only problem with this idea is it cant be built with a keyboard :rolf:

He doesn't care about down travel. He's gonna be launching that bitch and he only needs up travel to take the landing. Hell he didn't even put skid plates on the bitch because he's figuring he's gonna clear everything! Know it! :tc

Hope yall know this is not ride height the springs havnt settled and he hasn't shock tuned it yet and the knuckle stays level tall the way from bump to droop the pictures don't do it a justice it all looks off in pictures but it isn't in person

sledneck said:
Wtf happened here? Did his tube notcher break or did he run out of tube? Flame suit on...

After looking at this for a while, that tube that looks like it has a big ass gap filled with weld actually stops on the gusset for the upper controll arm brackets. You can just barely make out the scallop at the front edge of the tube.

yodaton said:
Hope yall know this is not ride height the springs havnt settled and he hasn't shock tuned it yet and the knuckle stays level tall the way from bump to droop the pictures don't do it a justice it all looks off in pictures but it isn't in person

I could see where having it sit high in the front/mostly up travel would be a good think for hill killing, because it's usually going to be hitting a big step up ledge or rock face hauling ass. Not blasting across the desert hitting whoops, or crawling slowly through a rock garden where you would want the tires to droop down into the holes. It'll be skipping across the tops of rocks that "most" of us would be in double low crawling over.

Someone made a good point about the big scrub radius/lack of KPI also, guys used to do it on purpose on Werock type comp crawlers and the Formula off road dirt hill climb rigs do also, To let the tires swing in a big arc and find traction on top of a ledge or when spinning up a hill.

The accents all over it look like something out of an old batman comic book. How does anyone know that what you're looking at is ride height? Could it be that it's sitting well above ride height just to stir the pot?

I think with the wheel speed it'll be seeing, the scrub radius won't make much of a difference either way.

Wes in TN said:
The accents all over it look like something out of an old batman comic book. How does anyone know that what you're looking at is ride height? Could it be that it's sitting well above ride height just to stir the pot?

again...im not bashing it - but I just cant see that being the case. If he lowered it down to where it "should be" in the front suspension, then the rear would have almost no uptravel. Then he gets ass launched on any ledge he hits hard. I'm just trying to understand it all; that's it.

Who knows....maybe it IS designed to ride at nearly full droop. Who knows! If it doesn't work, I'm sure he will just sell it to some idiot who thinks it will work for them :stir: :****: or tear it down and try again.

Who cares! I'm excited to see videos of him trying to rip the front end off of it on a hill!

slravenel said:
again...im not bashing it - but I just cant see that being the case. If he lowered it down to where it "should be" in the front suspension, then the rear would have almost no uptravel. Then he gets ass launched on any ledge he hits hard. I'm just trying to understand it all; that's it.

Who knows....maybe it IS designed to ride at nearly full droop. Who knows! If it doesn't work, I'm sure he will just sell it to some idiot who thinks it will work for them :stir: :****: or tear it down and try again.

Who cares! I'm excited to see videos of him trying to rip the front end off of it on a hill!
I don't know what he has planned either but how could you say the rear would not have much up travel if it was lowered? I mean the bumps are obviously over a foot away from the rear axle! The same goes for the front? With 20 something inches of travel in the front and nearly three foot at the rear I would say there is a little room to lower it some! Just my opinion....

al1tonyota said:
I don't know what he has planned either but how could you say the rear would not have much up travel if it was lowered? I mean the bumps are obviously over a foot away from the rear axle! The same goes for the front? With 20 something inches of travel in the front and nearly three foot at the rear I would say there is a little room to lower it some! Just my opinion....

I was about to say the same thing.

kmcminn said:
I was about to say the same thing.

Not really going to get into an argument over it - because none of it really matters. He sure as hell isn't going to change it, and i seriously doubt anyone will get any actual responses about "what or why" from him or anyone close to him beyond "those are 40s" or "thats a smallblock"...that's just not how they do things. Hes doing what he does best and that is get people riled up and talking about it. Then hes going to ride the **** out of it, win some races, and sell it to make another.

I am just really curious as to what sort of thought process went into it all. Thats it. I love that innovation is coming into this sport. There is alot to be learned here by other bouncers...but until we actually see what it does on a hill, then no one can learn anything. Once we DO see how it acts on a hill; then those questions like how/what/why are the important ones if any actual innovation is to come from it.

I'm not a bouncer, and I wont ever be a bouncer....but I like that everyone is progressing and trying new things now. Even if its a total failure and it breaks in half on the first hill...he will take what he learned and do something different.

Wes in TN said:
How does anyone know that what you're looking at is ride height? Could it be that it's sitting well above ride height just to stir the pot?

Yep first time it rolls out everbody be like OHHHH thats how it rides.

One thing I can guarantee is if he doesn't like it or it doesn't do what he wants, he will scrap the whole damn thing and build another buggy. :****:

Props for being outside the box and for not using the Armada kit. Coulda just slapped together a kit from them and called it good. More than likely it will do just fine and that will be the standard everybody tries to mimic on a bouncer IFS. Nice.

Cole said:
One thing I can guarantee is if he doesn't like it or it doesn't do what he wants, he will scrap the whole damn thing and build another buggy. :****:

X2 I love it and im sure its gonna be a beast and will work I like the look.. Its all about being your own design... Im ready to see it in action..

Neal3000 said:
Is there a Pirate4x4 thread yet? Should be fawking epic

I have been reading the Pirate thread. Posting on an offroad forum about their opinions about the looks or what they think is wrong is one thing. When a man looks at an offroad buggy or anything automotive for that matter, and the first thing that comes to his mind is gay sex, he has issues.