• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good place to have your harness thinned out

pos97TJ

I just picked up a vortec 454 out of a 2000 for my buggy and need to find a good shop to send the wiring harness and ECM off to to get them worked over into a stand alone system. Anyone have any suggestions?:corn:

lt1swap.com brandon is the guys name, did my computer for 75 bucks shipped. He may also do harnesses now, but they aren't too hard to do your self if you have the wiring diagram and the pin outs for the ecm

I checked out that lt1swap page. I most likely will send him my computer, but I am up in the air on wether or not to thin my own harness out. I am sure it cant be to difficult but I would have to find a wiring diagram. Then again maybe Ill hit crash up and see what he wants to do it.

Jims performance I've had one of his harnesses but never sent one in but a bunch of guys on pirate endorse him.

I can handle the harness but not the PCM. As PHEW mentioned jims is a good place to deal with. Used to converse with the owner a number of years ago and have heard nothing but good from his stuff since.

I checked out that lt1swap page. I most likely will send him my computer, but I am up in the air on wether or not to thin my own harness out. I am sure it cant be to difficult but I would have to find a wiring diagram. Then again maybe Ill hit crash up and see what he wants to do it.

There is a lot of info on pinouts on the web, alot of hot rod websites have them and wiring diagrams. just take your time and do one section at a time. have everything labeled when you start and mark out the ones you want to remove and start from there.

lt1swap.com did my ls1 ecm and worked flawlessly with a good tune

Ship it down to trevor formaly of S&N fab he has nothing better to do with his broken back. He did mine for my 5.7L in about a half day

PM me if your intersted I can give you his #

I'm Probly guna try and do the harness for my 4.3 by myself, the way i see it is if i f*ck it ill just buy a stand alone harness. My buddy got his harness through Howell, they did his computer too. It was pretty exspensive but the harness was nice, all labeled and made with weatherpack connecters. They do all GM stuff and im pretty sure they will have what you need. Couldn't hurt to give them a call

I am goin to have lt1swap do the computer, My Ramjet harness is a stand alone so I figure between having it for reference and a schimatic i should be able to thin it myself:awesomework: