• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Goodbye Logging roads, dispersed wheeling, WALKER VALLEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i've personally sean people go back and forth on the same section of trail, simply to tear it up. As to where a "tread lightly" person just gets through the section.:beer:

Sounds like a bad trail alignment to me :stirpot:
This is why the club I belong to had to build a trail on rock, not mud :cool:
There is 2 sides to that coin also, was the trail built for our enjoyment? Were there any animals killed, did any babies cry....:corn:
I am not that guy that does that ****
Our reality is just the unintended circumstances, consequence
of "tread lightly"

Last edited:
While I understand Pokey's point, which is similar to 'ethical wheeling' Money was talking about, its going to be very hard to codify that into law.

I don't see how the legislature could write something that allows some unauthorized wheeling done ethically, while making certain activities bad. We might know the difference, but it would be a very large loophole for those who do bad things... they would be able to use this law to thier advantage.

And to be honest, that kid who tried to drive over an ecoblock and got high centered, did nothing that bad. He didn't cause damage or do any harm. Definitely wasn't worth a misdemenor.

Instead, I would love to see DNR catch someone mudding near split rock in the act, fine them treble damages and make an example of those people. We have laws to do this already.

Our hobby is about descresion. We as wheelers need to make sure no laws are written to take that descresion away from us.

False alarm huh???

Looks like I need to go "tread lightly" with my 44s...:redneck:

Not a "false alarm" by any means it was people paying attention and beating the grubby little land grabbers back :awesomework: Now we just have to watch that it doesn't find its way back in at the 11th hour. Please write your legislators' and let them know you wont be happy if it does. Let them know your watching and paying attention :awesomework:

yup. Pokey is exactly right. If this little civics lesson has tought me anything, it is that 'not giving a ****' could be the end of wheeling as I know it. It also taught me that E-mails seem to actually mean something. I'm not the only one who got an E-mail or a phone call back. Thats pretty cool. :awesomework:

Thank you to all who wrote in the last 24 hours, and I hope that people will continue to write in supporting appropriate ORV legislation.

The next 30 days will be filled with civics lessons. ****'s going down......:shot:

Not a "false alarm" by any means it was people paying attention and beating the grubby little land grabbers back :awesomework: Now we just have to watch that it doesn't find its way back in at the 11th hour. Please write your legislators' and let them know you wont be happy if it does. Let them know your watching and paying attention :awesomework:

I've been writing and will continue...

Entitlement

There's a word I am sick of hearing. A position of entitlement is when people believe my tax dollars should fund the public education of the children they chose to have. Entitlement is the business owner who believes tax and labor laws should grant them enormous wealth and profits regardless of their own personal ability to run a profitable business.

The guy who wants simple access to the lands held by a government he or she pays for without consequence to anyone else, not so much IMO.

Entitled is the person who thinks if they don't like to do something, its their right to prohibit others from doing it. An entitled person believes they should be allowed to free climb a rock face. An equally entitled individual would seek to prohibit the rock climber from doing so purely so they can gaze upon said rock face without the visual intrusion of some guy climbing it.

Entitlement is a word thrown around by people incapable or unwilling to explain their true feelings. Truly righteous and intellectually proficient individuals have no use for such hollow and meaningless words. Entitlement is a word hurled so often by the led.
:beer:

Last edited:
Your passion is a rare commodity Mike. I think you'll still be wheeling no matter what happens with wheeling. And there are others like you out there......you already know who they are.:beer:

So I emailed my Senator when I started reading this thread, and got an email today that I actually didn't expect. By the time I got it, I already knew that the amendment had been pulled. but it was interesting to get the response that I did.

From Dave Upthegrove
Jeff,

Due to an administrative mistake, the wrong language was included in my amendment. The amendment was withdrawn immediately and never considered.

There will be a couple of suggested page/line amendments to the Armstrong striker. One proposed amendment will increase the penalties for illegally riding in areas which are currently illegal to ride (i.e. public lands not designated for ORV use)

So I emailed my Senator when I started reading this thread, and got an email today that I actually didn't expect. By the time I got it, I already knew that the amendment had been pulled. but it was interesting to get the response that I did.

From Dave Upthegrove

:awesomework::cheer:

Moore reason than ever to take it all back and say **** you

We are being ****ed over by seara club Dnr and Wa state
Time to get even

Your Local Sierra Club: New Places, New Faces
Posted by Terri Morgan on January 26, 2010 - 12:41pm
by Trevor Kaul, Cascade Chapter Director
The Cascade Chapter has long been a leading voice for environmental protection in Washington.* With your help, we have won protections for special places like the Reiter Foothills and Wild Sky Wilderness Area. And over the years, we have helped change the way our state

We are being ****ed over by seara club Dnr and Wa state
Time to get even

Your Local Sierra Club: New Places, New Faces
Posted by Terri Morgan on January 26, 2010 - 12:41pm
by Trevor Kaul, Cascade Chapter Director
The Cascade Chapter has long been a leading voice for environmental protection in Washington.* With your help, we have won protections for special places like the Reiter Foothills and Wild Sky Wilderness Area. And over the years, we have helped change the way our state

Status
Not open for further replies.