• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GR - SRRS Race - March 28, 2015

:rolf: I didn't get your message until about 9 pm otherwise I would've looked for you. We were at the bottom of cable hill. I looked at the time just now and saw that it was like 530 when u messaged me.

I think the event went fairly smooth for so many spectators and drivers! A lot of the problem with the blue tap is to rope it off far enough away from the hill to be safe you can't see the hill anymore with 1000+ other people wanting to be in the same spot! The people that are aloud to stand in front of the tape in the more dangerous areas are usually drivers and their families, I think the best thing to do about them is to rope off an area in a different color tape kinda like a vip section! As far as the safety crew and staff they need to remember that people behind them want to see and that's the only reason they are there try and stand where the spectators can see! I had a problem with this on bents and dents! Another thing I see being a problem is the experience level of the recovery crew IMO they try their best to keep the drivers safe and flip these rigs back over but some of the guys just can't deal well with so many people yelling getting drunk and telling them "the right or wrong" way to make an extraction and also basically having to work so hard! I'm not sure why so many of the recovery crew were at the top of the hill the guys at the bottom were working much harder and should've been relieved half way threw again just my .02! Cable hill is a difficult place to flip an upside down buggy some of the rigging that was used to right side the buggys low on the hill made me :eek: but the best way to do it! I'm glad I was there to help pull all the broke up rigs back to the bottom and keep the show going! :dblthumb:

They are going to have to start throwing people out fro crossing the blue tape. Some guy with a gopro on a pole kept running down close to the course and almost slid down into it a few times.
I heard Clyde repeatedly tell his guys to get people without a yellow vest or recovery shirt behind the blue tape. He also told his recovery guys and camera guys to try to stay low so the crowd could see. The crowd that decided to go beyond the blue tape at the top of the log wall obviously didn't know sydney was AJ Rockwells Daughter. I bet a few of them needed clean draws after that! :driving:

'The Fault in Our Stars'

I get all the complaining, but hell, for being the largest offroad event I've ever been to, and it even having a competition going on, and them even finishing, I think it went Smooth as hell. 50+ competitors! DAMN! And even had time for an "after comp"!

It was huge. We missed bents and dents stuck in traffic trying to get back in but cable hill was the real show. I think I heard something like 3 buggies broke on B&D and most broke on cable hill. Was bad ass for sure.

LandSpeeder said:
'The Fault in Our Stars'

I get all the complaining, but hell, for being the largest offroad event I've ever been to, and it even having a competition going on, and them even finishing, I think it went Smooth as hell. 50+ competitors! DAMN! And even had time for an "after comp"!

^^^This^^^ thumb.gif

We were right near the front on cable, you have to be on your tows. Several were going under the tape and several were asked to get back.

zukimaster said:
. You and J Rich bang the stage one good time for me! :cougar:
Jrich didn't go this time but we wen to the furnace and out walked one of my exs on stage, I was like holy fawk I never woulda expected that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LandSpeeder said:
'The Fault in Our Stars'

SRRS did a helluva a job. I heard that it was the biggest turnout Grayrock has ever had and believe it. I was very skepticle and figured we would be racing till about midnight but they got the job done. The new way they are lining us up and keeping the bottom clear helps out alot.

lowbudgetjunk said:
Also, did the non Sticky challenge happen?

Kel Lawrence
I am not sure who all was in it, I beat my Toyota like I it owed me money and didn't make it far because it was so muddy and slick! Oh well maybe I can try it dry one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beerj said:
Maybe it's been brought up already but was plowboy2 there? Haven't really heard much about it since koh.

I was checking it out at the top of bents and dents. I heard he broke a rear shaft at the bottom. Not sure if he even started the race.

PB2 Broke a driveshaft on bents n dents from what I heard at the race, got it back together, hit cable hill, broke a rear bypass on the driver side, and tossed a belt. Woodlee pulled the bypass and I think tossed a belt back on it and they pulled it up the rest of the hill. That motor sounding like it was dragging hard when he got up on the ledge is what surprised me.

Lurker said:
PB2 Broke a driveshaft on bents n dents from what I heard at the race, got it back together, hit cable hill, broke a rear bypass on the driver side, and tossed a belt. Woodlee pulled the bypass and I think tossed a belt back on it and they pulled it up the rest of the hill. That motor sounding like it was dragging hard when he got up on the ledge is what surprised me.

I don't know if it was the trans or motor but had issues for sure.

I thought it was a great show for sure however...there are somethings that went on at the event that are like a TIMEBOMB.

Mainly all of the drinking. Having people that are part of a dedicated "recovery crew" drinking during the event is just asking for problems. The nature of whats is taking place is dangerous enough for everyone involved, but to have the folks that are help do things like work on the "recovery crew" and drink while doing so is FOOLISH!

One of the guys that was working on the "recovery Crew" was so drunk that he came over and stared yelling at us because he "thought" he heard someone say something bad about R. Key when his rig rolled...FIRST of all I respect R.Key more than words can express and i think that He is a great roll model to others and is such an inspiration to show people that you can do anything that you enjoy regardless, and it just takes the will power to do what you LOVE. TO have someone even think the offroad community would disrespect him pissed me off, and i let the guy know it.

I know that these events have all manor of things going on that have to be considered, but in an effort to see everything get better i think some of this needs to be seriously taken in to consideration.

Drinking impairs your ability any way you want to look at it.
But at a dedicated event where you have lots of people coming that may have never been, people may want to bring there family to come and enjoy something new ect... i think event planners need to take a good look at what is really going on.

I was standing 10 feet from a guy on the far side of cablehill that ate it atleast 5-6 times in 15 mins. Had his friends not been there, Im pretty sure he would have ended up on the course after rolling through 30 people in front of him.

On another note, my dad came with me, and he is a big time beer drinker. The event had enough going on that he made the comment, "man i don't even need a beer to watch this"

ibrokeit said:
I don't know if it was the trans or motor but had issues for sure.

We were near it, I would guess the thrown belt had something to do with the way it sounded. For sure a few small bugs to work out. Cannt wait to see it 100% dialed in. New rigs always take a few weekends to get perfect. What a beast though.