• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hammerz trip meeting FEB the 4th or 5th

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Since its after the new year the time has come to start talking about this big run down to south cali to play on the big rocks......

I am figuring we can also all get together someplace at the end of the month to hopefully finalize our plans.

But in any case this thread is now here so we can discuss and see who all wants to go......

Bobby and I are heading down probably tues before the weekend and the crowds to get some wheeling in, can't wait! :cheer: :cheer:

when? for how long? dates? more then down i still have my graduation present so maybe i will make that my grad trip. would we all drive together? tow rigs? etc?

angelfly said:
when? for how long? dates? more then down i still have my graduation present so maybe i will make that my grad trip. would we all drive together? tow rigs? etc?

To go down there you need a very well built rig that not going to break easy because its not when you break its how bad. BIG ROCKS!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes--this run is for extreemly well built rigs and good drivers. You don't travel a lil over 24 hours one way to the best/hardest stuff on the west coast without a well built rig...

ok well hows this i want to drive to watch and video tape it come on guys its a free trip to go wheeling even if i dont drive like u said its the baddest on the westcoast that opportunity doesn't present itself ever in my world so i have to jump on it i just want to witness the carnage and tape it all from start to finish i kinda am trying to get into film making in offroad or race vidoes. So it would be an honor i guess u could say and a priveleage to be able to cover ur trip
:D

Hows this i promise on everything that is holy i will not deface all ur beautifull rigs with my 77fullsize

The hammers arent that bad. You get alot more body damage than breakage. My trucks been through it a numer of times. I'm wondering why the long trip, Why not the rubicon or hollister hills OHV. Their closer and IMO hollister is the best park in cali. Also the duecy urshem (spelling) trail is great if you want a 4 day trail ride. :D

On that note................
I would ask is there spots for spotters, picture/video takes, winch B!%@H.
If there is, is there a need for this type of help?
The first time I went to Easter Safari I tagged along with someone that had been there. It was more of an education than anything. I did get some great pictures :D my rig did fine the times I went by myself.
Personaly I would love to go down and experiance the Hammerz.
I am unsre if my rig is......well.... built enough for it (without major damage).
So if the timing works (and I am not out of town for work) I would be real intersted in helping to drive down, help on the trail, take LOTSA pictures.
Even help defer some of the costs.
I know from experiance you can't take pictures as you wheel.
So if someone has a shot gun seat open and is interested let me know.
I am sure there are others on the board that would be willing if there is a need.

Mark , Ben and Me are all in just tell us were to meet and we will be there:D

do you drive straight through to the hammers or do you pull over half way and sleep?

I'm going down there the first week of April. Counting down the days and watching videos of the place almost every day.:D

crash said:
Yes--this run is for extreemly well built rigs and good drivers. You don't travel a lil over 24 hours one way to the best/hardest stuff on the west coast without a well built rig...

Yeah, just watch the Rick Russell video!:haha:

When staying down there ,were do you dump you garbage when you leave? I'm trying to decide cans or bottles :redneck:

zuk88 said:
When staying down there ,were do you dump you garbage when you leave? I'm trying to decide cans or bottles :redneck:

I think we burned alot and everything else either came home or was disposed of at the rest stops on the way back.

zuk88 said:

Always cans off road. Bottles break in the ice chest if you drive like I do. Cans can be smashed and put under the seat. Cans are worth $1.25 LBS in cali.

First week in april? Spring break? If I can get the time off I'm in.I've also got places in cali to stash a broke rig for a week or so til you can get it movin again.

For GRW your in a sami. Your ready for anything. If you carry a glove box full of t-case mounts you'll be fine if your not woried about custom body work. The only other thing you'll have to worry about is the birfs and I've got 3 extra sets of axles in cali.

I want to be heading down again this year, last year was a blast...just depends on if I can find a spotter willing to kick in some gas money... my old 76 chevy is thirsty and I'm trying to pay for the new shop I built at home.

Latest posts