• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hammerz trip meeting FEB the 4th or 5th

When is everyone thinking about leaving?

I'd like to head down the weekend before, leaving the saturday going a leisureful pace, getting there late afternoonish Sunday. Wheeling hard all week and then heading home the Sunday after.

I'd be into a caravan if anyone is interested. If not maybe we just hook up and setup a PNW (PSW for us Canadians) camp area.

I'm still working on getting all my ducks in row so I can go.

I would like to go. Ill see if i can get the 83 yota together before then.I got the money to build it now.

Ok--so where is a good place to meet thats close to everybody? I am thinking something on the east side...

dude i dont think they are talking about a meeting if u didnt notice the title hammers meaning the hammers trails in cali brutal rock crawling

angelfly said:
dude i dont think they are talking about a meeting if u didnt notice the title hammers meaning the hammers trails in cali brutal rock crawling

Stop smoking so much pot :flipoff:

They are having a meeting sometime in the next month or so to finalize plans in person

crash said:
What do you mean? you can't keep up with the CTD's :;

Somethin like that :rolleyes:

There just seems to be a lot of light running gear rigs responding, and not everyone understands what a strong capable well built rig is....

I just wouldnt want to get stuck on all the broken birfs laying around :haha:

:corn: :corn: :corn:

Might just call out the "A list" to run it :cool:

Roccrawler said:
Somethin like that :rolleyes:

There just seems to be a lot of light running gear rigs responding, and not everyone understands what a strong capable well built rig is....

I just wouldnt want to get stuck on all the broken birfs laying around :haha:

:corn: :corn: :corn:

Might just call out the "A list" to run it :cool:

Thats the reason for talking about this run. I don't think alot relize how far away it is and just how rough of an area it is--make moab look like kiddie stuff (unless you compare the 1000ft drop offs then moab has it).

The hammerz will chew up even a well built rig...

crash said:
Thats the reason for talking about this run. I don't think alot relize how far away it is and just how rough of an area it is--make moab look like kiddie stuff (unless you compare the 1000ft drop offs then moab has it).

Which is why my rig will stay in its nice cozy garage where it belongs lol

crash said:

You also need a reliable tow rig to get you down there 1st. The tow rig needs to be tighter than the wheelin rig.

Jobless said:
You also need a reliable tow rig to get you down there 1st. The tow rig needs to be tighter than the wheelin rig.

another excelent point-thanks brad...

All tow rigs also need to be gone thru/maintenance before this trip also...

Anybody looking for a copilot on the way down/back and a spotter/winch bitch while down there? I can kick in some gas money, help drive, help wrench whatever. Just looking for a decent vacation this year :flipoff:

Wish my rig was up to spec for this but there's no way it would handle the abuse dished out down there...not to mention the fact of not having a reliable tow rig.

Joe

ToyZuki said:
Always cans off road. Bottles break in the ice chest if you drive like I do. Cans can be smashed and put under the seat. Cans are worth $1.25 LBS in cali.

First week in april? Spring break? If I can get the time off I'm in.I've also got places in cali to stash a broke rig for a week or so til you can get it movin again.

For GRW your in a sami. Your ready for anything. If you carry a glove box full of t-case mounts you'll be fine if your not woried about custom body work. The only other thing you'll have to worry about is the birfs and I've got 3 extra sets of axles in cali.
I eliminated the stock T-case mounts and have larger splined axles and birf rings with an extra set. I also got spare drive shafts and a welder, I think I got things covered.

Brian H said:
To go down there you need a very well built rig that not going to brake easy because its not when you brake its how bad. BIG ROCKS!!!!!!

You don't want a rig with good brakes?

So confused right now....

:D