• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

Re:

King of the last minute....replacing lotso parts before the big ride. Radiator hose, bearings, greasing **** up. Got to give the rental a break before the big ride. Haven't left the yard yet, but have been looking for all things that could go wrong.

I am actually looking forward to no traction. This gives multiple excuses for the rental being upside down without the excuse of driver error.

In all seriousness, I am looking forward to riding no matter the weather.

In case no ones already posted heres the park vehicle fees...

Year pass $50.00

31 Day pass $30.00

The passes come with a vehicle I.D. card and a sticker for the vehicle.

Fees are just for vehicles,passengers ride free.

The yearly fees are from the date you purchase them on until that exact date next year.

These passes get you access to the park from both trail heads 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Question for the 2 with the custom soft tops on the buggies ... how do you keep the windshields from fogging? And does mud not get on them and prevent visibility?

Yeah I keep my original YJ soft top with plans of using it for rides like this but I don't recall ever going through the hassle of putting it on.. Guess now's the time to get it out and strap'r down.

patooyee said:
Question for the 2 with the custom soft tops on the buggies ... how do you keep the windshields from fogging? And does mud not get on them and prevent visibility?

I use the spray on Rain X cleaner on the inside and out, which helps keep the mud from sticking and usually clean it every morning and at lunch. I haven't had any problem with fog maybe due to heater blower under the dash or the flow of air coming in from under the rear window as it only goes about half way down in the rear. The clear window part on the side windows are Velcro so at times I will open them a little bit if need to.

ScottsPics said:
Maybe the forcast will change by this weekend :dunno:

Couple folks on here will remember this nsaty rainin weekend at Harlan,,,and what a MESS Mason Jar was.....

It was so nasty that weekend we didn,t even bother goin over to LIONS DEN :****:

that was my first trip to harlan. damn what a mess that weekend was. but fun as hell!

Why drop in there "with a winch cable hooked to the back of the Jeep" and miss 2 of the hardest parts of the trail,,,,the drop in entrance and that big rock you gotta navigate,,to do less than half the trail :dunno: ???

Not sure why the weather would keep anyone from Lions Den. The only sloppy part could be that section after squeezing between the rock and the tree. Other than that it's rocks and ledges. I can see avoiding it to keep from destroying bodywork and such...but nothing to do with the weather...

Re: Re: HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

The entrance to Lions Den is getting worst than I remember it a couple years ago. I was real anxious to get in there and got a little frustrated and ended up like this before I got to the hard part. This was on saturday.
96204cc415f0dbbf108af03e7d7a7489.jpg

Yeah that one rock to the right there will toss you over if you hit it right...but if its nasty up there I'd just go right...up and around that section...

Entrance is definitely getting worse. And as to why not to do it when raining... have you ever been in there when it was raining??? It gets real. Real quick.

IMO Lion's Den is a pretty easy trail just more intimidating than anything. The only tricky part is really the part around the tree. That's only real bad if your long in the back. Did some nice body work on my old 4runner. It is getting worse at the end though. And beginning.

Yea what used to be that "little hill" to get up into the drop in entrance keeps gettin more & more tricky,,,, the rock pattern pushes rigs down the hill,,,and they aint far to go right there :eek:

You can go all the way up to the big rock and squirt in to the right like Clemson said but that way is tight.

And we got off in Lions Den once not rainin but muddy and it was like a hog waller full of giant rocks :eek:

In this pic the trail was dry but I had muddy tires wich made it a lil interesting......

ScottsPics said:
Why drop in there "with a winch cable hooked to the back of the Jeep" and miss 2 of the hardest parts of the trail,,,,the drop in entrance and that big rock you gotta navigate,,to do less than half the trail :dunno: ???
I know Todd, in the buggy, went that way cause there was someone broke down blocking up the normal path.

Anyone riding Thursday? I'm planning to get there early afternoon and would like to get some riding in before the rain hits on Friday. Planning to camp inside the park on the Evarts side.

Yea someone had a blown hydro assist line right at the tree and big rock with about 4 behind him I think Todd can roll through there blindfolded

drivermod said:
I know Todd, in the buggy, went that way cause there was someone broke down blocking up the normal path.

Anyone riding Thursday? I'm planning to get there early afternoon and would like to get some riding in before the rain hits on Friday. Planning to camp inside the park on the Evarts side.

I know me and 01TJ will be there early afternoon (1-2ish) on Thursday. Will probably unload/unpack at the cabin and come down to dairy hut for lunch then go hit the stuff on the lower Evarts side of the park Thursday afternoon.

drivermod said:

I am headed up in the morning. Should be able to ride some Thursday.

Re: Re: HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

Gut-pile said:
Looks like it's going to be a good weekend for the full top.
be4f832975f307537f641462635f2184.jpg

425e2ee07b9dfc710daa4fb2af57e7a9.jpg

Was you in harlan in april? I think I seen you on a thursday maybe friday and you had the top/ widows on. Was wondering who made the top. If that was you good job it looks good.

patooyee said:

bc35339 said:
I use the spray on Rain X cleaner on the inside and out, which helps keep the mud from sticking and usually clean it every morning and at lunch. I haven't had any problem with fog maybe due to heater blower under the dash or the flow of air coming in from under the rear window as it only goes about half way down in the rear. The clear window part on the side windows are Velcro so at times I will open them a little bit if need to.

drivermod said:
Tops look pretty nice but I don't know how you can see once the mud starts slingin'

:dblthumb: