• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

Re: Re: Re: HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

rpf500 said:
Lots of rain in the forecast. Its my first time to Harlan. So.....what's it going to be like all wet and muddy?
It rains every time I go. Not as big a deal at Harlan as most parks

Man this sounds like fun. Wish I could make it. This would be my #1 desired ride to make next year if you do it again, especially if we have a guide to show us where to go.

patooyee said:
Man this sounds like fun. Wish I could make it. This would be my #1 desired ride to make next year if you do it again, especially if we have a guide to show us where to go.

No need for a guide, a map and 3 riding days is all that.s needed....great place to spend a weekend

Dwalk said:
No need for a guide, a map and 3 riding days is all that.s needed....great place to spend a weekend

I went several years ago and feel like I missed a lot of the park. I've heard that Julio knows every inch of the place. Definitely my favorite place to ride of all time, just wish it wasn't so dang far away.

Re: Re: Re: HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

TBItoy said:
It rains every time I go. Not as big a deal at Harlan as most parks

with Harlan...it could be raining on one side of the mountain and not the other. seen it many times.

Yep...all ya need is a map and plan a route. Big groups may wanna make a "3 times you're done rule"....big ol' place, cover all you can.
As far as AT&T cell service....no luck in town,spotty service about mid way through the Mason Jar trail.
Y'all have fun!! :driving: :woot: :drinkers: :flipper:

48* here in eastern KY and pouring the rain this morning lets hope this weather moves out soon

They are calling for Thunderstorms on all of the weather sites. Which isn't as bad as just straight rain. What are local stations saying about the week? Usually local weather is closer to being accurate.

DAMMIT,,,,RAIN,,,,,,some rain at Harlan is a good thang,,,,but not its lookin like now :eek:

My trail hittin plans may change up some....may skip some of the long steep stuff wich are fun dry or even tacky "hook dirt"...but with water flowin down em...HELL NO :spin:

I,ll post up some trail plans Wednesday ;D

Re:

We're just leaving there now. We got some heavy rain friday but Mason Jar was dry by the morning. Helps that it's up top and gets the first sun and some good wind.

Maybe the forcast will change by this weekend :dunno:

Couple folks on here will remember this nsaty rainin weekend at Harlan,,,and what a MESS Mason Jar was.....

It was so nasty that weekend we didn,t even bother goin over to LIONS DEN :****: