• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

Cruiser buggy said:
anybody who has been to harlan knows its a place where you can easily drive off the side of the damn mountain if your not paying attention. so its always good to keep the cold beers in the cooler till its camp fire time.

Agreed. We had a night ride get a little sketchy in April. Tried to check out a new trail Mike from the cabins told us about and took a wrong turn. Ended up about a mile or tow on a powerline looking down at the wrong side of Evarts. Litteraly inches of tire hangin on...lol. Was a cool trip though.

By the way...this trail has a LOT of good loose rock climbs that will get awesome in time. I will try to find it on the map tonight.

matth_85 said:
Agreed. We had a night ride get a little sketchy in April. Tried to check out a new trail Mike from the cabins told us about and took a wrong turn. Ended up about a mile or tow on a powerline looking down at the wrong side of Evarts. Litteraly inches of tire hangin on...lol. Was a cool trip though.

By the way...this trail has a LOT of good loose rock climbs that will get awesome in time. I will try to find it on the map tonight.

I think i went on that same powerline trail. Was not fun. Had to go to the tower and turn around and go back out same way.

highrolrcustoms said:
I think i went on that same powerline trail. Was not fun. Had to go to the tower and turn around and go back out same way.

Were you able to make the deal work on the buggy you found? Are you still coming on this ride?

lowbudgetjunk said:
I have every intention of putting some miles on the rental. I may not Mash my Motor all day long, but I really want to see as much as I can. I am still trying to figure out if we should pack lunch and just ride all day or what. I would like to ride with Julio and JohnG, but haven't heard much about groups since the first page or so.

Kel we are in Julios group ;)

Also Kel and I will be leaving Cullman Thursday morningish. Anyone heading out at that time from the same areas want to meet up and convoy up there?

highrolrcustoms said:

Haha. Probably the same one. Was it sorta behind the zip line parking area?

Yep thats it. There werent any trail marking so we just kept going. They need to put a dirt pile or somthing blocking that way cause if you go over the edge..... your rig is gone. I dont think it would be possible to recover it. I was approx 90" wide and had 1 tire on the bank and other on the very edge and it was loose ground.

Yeah...we went all the way to the top when it turns up to the left and were like....this ain't a trail... it sure looked like one in the dark though.

matth_85 said:
Yeah...we went all the way to the top when it turns up to the left and were like....this ain't a trail... it sure looked like one in the dark though.
Glad we missed it, Mike told us about it but we wound up on Whitetail crawl via Buddies Bypass, fun little trail to wrap up a afternoon. We never did figure out where Mike was trying to send us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is on the right just before you get to the parking area for the zip line or just after it one if you were headed to Whitetail. Cant remember.

I have been several times and would be glad to be a group leader. I will be there by 8am ready to go. I have a CB also.

Most spots at the campground can hold two trucks and trailers. Also I know I have seen a few post of people who made a reservation and will not be coming so you could get their spots.

Just to mention formal park rules say no alcohol in the park and of all the complaints I have ever seen most of them are about people getting busted at night during DUI checks. My thoughts is just leave the beer for camp. Harlan is a dry county and they don't forgive drinking on the road. I have never seen anyone busted on the trails though.

Our south georgia crew is ready to hit the road wednsday afternoon. Were gonna be wheelin thursday after we get there. probably bout 1:00 p.m. Is any of yall staying at the Harlan county county camp ground?

matth_85 said:
It is on the right just before you get to the parking area for the zip line or just after it one if you were headed to Whitetail. Cant remember.

Yes,,,we went on that ride before as well,,,REAL steep fun powerline trail climb but yes NOT part of the park,,,"the trail actually takes a hard angle left turn just into the woods past the zipline landing tower"

But the "WRONG TURN" dead end trail ride was fun cept for that turnin around at the end part :eek:

I don,t have a CB but it would be nice for Harlan wheelin.

bad80cj said:
Also Kel and I will be leaving Cullman Thursday morningish. Anyone heading out at that time from the same areas want to meet up and convoy up there?

Tony and I will be leaving Dallas Ga. at lunchtime "12:00 noon ga time" we could probly meet up with yall round Knoxville on 75 :dunno:,,,,takes us bout 3 to 3.5 hours to get to Knoxville ;D

ScottsPics said:
Yes,,,we went on that ride before as well,,,REAL steep fun powerline trail climb but yes NOT part of the park,,,"the trail actually takes a hard angle left turn just into the woods past the zipline landing tower"

But the "WRONG TURN" dead end trail ride was fun cept for that turnin around at the end part :eek:

I don,t have a CB but it would be nice for Harlan wheelin.

Yep... I just wired up a CB in the new buggy.