• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

Pics are great guys. Maybe not a big deal to some people, but this is my first trip to Harlan. I am literally counting down the time until we leave.

rpf500 said:
Pics are great guys. Maybe not a big deal to some people, but this is my first trip to Harlan. I am literally counting down the time until we leave.

MMMMAN its FUN wheelin Harlan!

We usually try tio have lunch at the MASON JAR trail head,,,,COOL view for lunch ;D

The town you see in the bottom left of this pic is Evarts.

truckbroke said:
Our south georgia crew is ready to hit the road wednsday afternoon. Were gonna be wheelin thursday after we get there. probably bout 1:00 p.m. Is any of yall staying at the Harlan county county camp ground?

We are. Should be there around lunch friday

Just got off the phone with the manger of the park and told him about this ride and he was very excited to here the news about this ride , he said they would be fire wood at the campground in the park and told me that for both weekends he was working on that. Also tolstored me they jackhammehe ledge on pony hill and made it doable then told me about some new trails they just opened up and said they would have a small map or something to so where they were one beside pony hill and the other on the other side so sounds like good news for everyone and he said they needed all the help they could get it has been a slow year he said, they have a new order of shirts and stuff that will ne on the storestore ee everyone there

I been wanting to see this place ever since I first saw all of Julio's pics of it a couple years ago. This is gonna be a good weekend. :driving:

sastoy said:
We are. Should be there around lunch friday

Cool! We have the three original cabins as you turn to go to the trail head. We`ll have plenty of fire wood, corn hole toss and beer.. Just talked to the guy at the Harlan County Campground and he said the gas station is closed so if your staying there might wanna bring some cans or you`ll be riding back to town for fuel.

That's good to hear about pony hill...it was looking pretty sorry the past few times I'd been by it...not even possible to pull up on it. Looking forward to see what it looks like now...not to mention NEW TRAILS!!!!!

rpf500 said:

I don't care how many times I go to Harlan...I'm always gonna be itchin to get back on the trails...the closer we get the slower time goes by...arggghhhh

TacomaJD said:
I been wanting to see this place ever since I first saw all of Julio's pics of it a couple years ago. This is gonna be a good weekend. :driving:

Me too man. But, due to my complete lack of preparedness I will not be making it! I am so jealous of y'all and your well maintained rigs! I hope you have a hell of a time!!! And somebody take a st*t ton of pics :dblthumb:

truckbroke said:
Cool! We have the three original cabins as you turn to go to the trail head. We`ll have plenty of fire wood, corn hole toss and beer.. Just talked to the guy at the Harlan County Campground and he said the gas station is closed so if your staying there might wanna bring some cans or you`ll be riding back to town for fuel.

So what exactly is confirmed to be open in Evarts?

*** I need to know how much food to bring and how much food I can expect just to buy once I get there. I don't want it to be 9pm and I'm fawking starving and ain't **** open, nor do I have enough food with me to suffice. So is it the Dairy Hut, and a gas station/grocery store type deal, both of which probably close fairly early? Maybe we can make it a point to stock up on groceries for the weekend Friday when we get there before we wheel. I don't fare well without food, so I must be prepared fully.

I know to bring beer, I may not drink much at all anyways since y'all wanting to wheel at the break of dawn :flipoff1:

And I'll have plenty propane.....so really, food is my only concern.

Re:

The Hut is open until 11, there is a Dollar General, a Family Dollar and a big Grocery store, there was two gas stations there but the one up by Julios only had regular, some of the guy got some hot dogs at the convenience store right beside the road that didn't have any gas pumps, said they were good. And bring lotto ticket monies cause that must be the towns past time, every time we went into the Marathon station (where the Hut is now at) people were standing in line to buy out of the ticket machine.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

The harlan county campground is on the opposite side of the mountain than Evarts. You`ll actually be about 5 miles from Harlan itself which has grown greatly over the past few years. Super walmart and plenty of gas stations. You can just bring beer and get groceries in town. The camp ground also has a means to fill propane tanks this year from I have been told. Its mostly a nice 4 lane highway to and from the camp ground as well. The only thing about staying on the harlan side (which we like) is that you have a nice little ride to middle fork from the camp ground. Middle fork is where you will decide which side of the mountain to go play on. Just buy a map from the campground or you will never be seen again!! We like coming in on thursday and riding the Evarts side of the mountain. Easy and fast to get there from middle fork. Thursday we hit lower and middle rock garden areas and saturday we go for the long haul to mason jar area.

Good, sounds like it'll be plenty easy enough to just go get groceries up there then. I was really wanting to avoid buying groceries here and having to buy a big cooler to pack, since mine grew legs and snuck off at Hawk Pride earlier this year. I'll just bring a little beer, plenty of water and mtn dews and I'll be ready to roll!

Wish I was going to be able to make this ride but we have a BIG group going up,the following Wednesday for fall crawl. I've only been there twice myself and it has anything you can imagine. I can't wait to get there!! You guys have fun and be safe and take in all the scenery. I'd deffinetly try to meet and have lunch at the mason jar. :eat: flashemifyougotem

Re: Re: Re: HAR - Hardline Forum Ride - October 10-12, 2014

June dog said:
Wish I was going to be able to make this ride but we have a BIG group going up,the following Wednesday for fall crawl. I've only been there twice myself and it has anything you can imagine. I can't wait to get there!! You guys have fun and be safe and take in all the scenery. I'd deffinetly try to meet and have lunch at the mason jar. :eat: flashemifyougotem
I want to go both weekends too... But I don't think I can justify the diesel fuel cost to trailer rigs up both weekends.

I considered driving up for the hardline ride in my Tacoma, then bringing the rig up the next weekend when the rest of my regular crew can go.

The Taco is only good for the bunny trails though.

I'll be on the Putney side, any one else want to hook up? I'll be down Friday, about lunch I hope. Then we can convoy across to meet for the Saturday morning ride.

Latest posts