• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline Crawlers

Wmikew06 said:
If there is an admin with admin rights and access to the server in which the site is hosted, back the entire site up code and all and go register a new domain name say hardlinecrawler.com and restore or rebuild the current site with the new domain/hardware. Just a thought.

I've mentioned this, to bad I have NO idea how to do what you just said laughing1

Purchasing it From MattO probably would be the only way to get the domain / account situation. I dunno. the OGs/ HL has somewhere around 800 bux as I recall that Gregg managed when we sold shirts through BK last go around to pay for renewals... Wonder if MattO would take 800 buxfor the account and domain ?

The site sux, hard to use , Tapatalk hates it because it hasn't had updates, people don't post because it's a pain in the ass I believe that is plain and simply the biggest problem why it has gotten to this point.

redneckengineered said:
I have that and have explored that option. Here's the problem. This site is on an extremely old version of SMF. One that is no longer supported by anyone. In order to get a backup that you can then import into a new forum software you would have to update to the newest version of SMF. That would take time and would likely break the forum which would then take more time to fix the errors and get it back up and running. Then out of pocket for new forum software + hosting worth a **** is fairly hefty. Then you have all the time that would need to be invested to import a SMF forum into a new database structure. Time plus money plus the fact that forums are dying a natural death anyway, it's just not something I want to deal with. Pirate4x4 has 323k users vs Hardline 14.5k and Pirate is almost completely dead as well.

Thank you for chimming in with the real tech issues that I can't explain

bad80cj said:
More of a question how has Ben helped? By starting a Hardline facebook group.

When I started this thread and still to this minute have complete disregard to hurting people feelings. What I did do was open it back up for people to get talking about it again. Don't like it don't read it. I could care less.

Next

Damn SteveO.... you need a hug ? Being straight **** ain't helping anything either.

redneckengineered said:
I have that and have explored that option. Here's the problem. This site is on an extremely old version of SMF. One that is no longer supported by anyone. In order to get a backup that you can then import into a new forum software you would have to update to the newest version of SMF. That would take time and would likely break the forum which would then take more time to fix the errors and get it back up and running. Then out of pocket for new forum software + hosting worth a **** is fairly hefty. Then you have all the time that would need to be invested to import a SMF forum into a new database structure. Time plus money plus the fact that forums are dying a natural death anyway, it's just not something I want to deal with. Pirate4x4 has 323k users vs Hardline 14.5k and Pirate is almost completely dead as well.

Also Thank you Andrew for the explanation I an incapable of!

Yes P I need a few hugs!

Sorry Ben if that was Dickish

redneckengineered said:

The options we discussed was build a new forum and encourage people to join that, and kill this one... or make do with what we got.

redneckengineered said:

NERD

Me fixing Hardline

giphy.gif

redneckengineered said:

As far as coding I know just enough to break things. If it was moving packets across the inter webs I am your man, but if the need for hosting a server or a vm to use I maybe able to help. I have access to data centers and rack space thoughout the us as well as manage the network. So slipping a server in somewhere is easy to do.

Wmikew06 said:
As far as coding I know just enough to break things. If it was moving packets across the inter webs I am your man, but if the need for hosting a server or a vm to use I maybe able to help. I have access to data centers and rack space thoughout the us as well as manage the network. So slipping a server in somewhere is easy to do.

derail- i just noticed youre from Apison, who are you? I grew up there and lived there until just a couple years ago. i'm up the road in cleveland now.

jeeptj99 said:
derail- i just noticed youre from Apison, who are you? I grew up there and lived there until just a couple years ago. i'm up the road in cleveland now.

Lol mike ward I grew up in ooltewah and moved to apison 5 years ago. Who are u?

redneckengineered said:

So generally what is a dollar figure for the software and labor for contracting it?

bad80cj said:
More of a question how has Ben helped? By starting a Hardline facebook group.

When I started this thread and still to this minute have complete disregard to hurting people feelings. What I did do was open it back up for people to get talking about it again. Don't like it don't read it. I could care less.

Next

I have helped by not literally dumping gas on a pile of pallets. If you are a man, call MattO and speak with him like a man. Don't be a ****ing child and post his number and start **** that way. No one is going to respond to that in any kind of positive way. You aren't the 1st or the last, we have discussed this topic several times over. Everyone is in agreement something should be done. I cant post from a iPhone, I cannot get TapTalk to work right either. The questions should be, start over or keep it as it is.

Did you join the Hardline FB group? Did someone make you join it? The FB page is there to help drive traffic to this site, post up pictures/videos and help with invites/calendar. If you don't use FB, that's ok nothing is changing. If you do have FB, then you have a Hardline group page where very little happens, less than on the forum...by ALOT. If you or someone else doesn't like that fact that there is a FB page, don't join it. No one is suggesting that you do. Its just another way to link things to this site. In other words, as others have said, the forums are seeing less traffic (dying). Anything that helps pick up the pace should be a good thing.

I say copy/paste tech and fab (I know, not that simple). But, that is much less to try and retrofit, everything else is replaceable. Trail rides, for/four sell/sail/sale, gen discussion, all of it. Except that badass sexy fat girl thread. Maybe copy/paste that one too. :flipoff1:

Puddinmetal, Permission to post?

Is anyone part of another forum that is actually doing well?
The few I get on for truck repairs seem to all by slowly dying also.