• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline Crawlers

just my 2 cents, couldn't the site get vendors to pay to advertise to get the money for the site, have several OG members willing to admin and work with site to get it up to date. I am to old for pissing matches, but young enough to make this site great again! The site has no monetary value at this point. The only value Hardline has is in the t-shirt, stickers or anything with the Hardline name on it.

Seriously though, how much money are we taking? Surely forums can't be that much.

Tony B is getting mean in his older days... But I would contribute to whatever it takes to keep site up and running, I have been around since 2010 and have learned a lot and made lots of friends.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Eddyj said:
Puddinmetal, Permission to post?

Is anyone part of another forum that is actually doing well?
The few I get on for truck repairs seem to all by slowly dying also.
The HAMB aka the jalopy journal is a forum that baffles me. It has it alot of chit chat BS but I would guess there is on average 5 new pages (30 to 50 new threads) daily on that board. The classifieds are great and get a ton of traffic etc. If it makes a difference it is super easy to post pics over there also.

Expedition portal is blowing up right now. It's constantly got new posts. Anything from bs tech, to classifieds.

The Luke said:
Seriously though, how much money are we taking? Surely forums can't be that much.

$1500 up front plus $250/month operating costs for something legit.

edit: That would be pulling out all the stops. You could probably do something more reasonable for closer to $100/mo and maybe $500 startup costs. But I would have to dig into it some more.

redneckengineered said:
$1500 up front plus $250/month operating costs for something legit.

edit: That would be pulling out all the stops. You could probably do something more reasonable for closer to $100/mo and maybe $500 startup costs. But I would have to dig into it some more.

I thought you might say 5 or 10k. That doesn't seem bad to me.
Just say for $100 you get a special Hardline sticker to show your donation or something. Do a raffle at a ride every year. I would be down for a sticker or two no problem to update everything and keep it going. Would by far be the cheapest thing I do wheeling related.
Facebook is garbage for searching tech and discussions vs a good forum.

How does one get in on FB? I've searched can't find it and have buddies that tried to add me but never got added?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I can't speak much on cost of the domain but maintenance and building isn't that hard. I built our forum(midgaoffroad). And from the best of my memory the forum software was free. I know the more storage you have the more it cost. Our forum has been small and is almost dead. Everything is basically done between Facebook and text messaging.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

We should just ask SFWDA on how to a run a pyramid scheme, I mean organization.

Facebook takeaway....Facebook giveth...
58e9192089bd432aa420081b60894919.jpg
f176df7bab6c14aba9af3e436216ca94.jpg

Facebook doesn't have to win. there are other social media apps. MeWe would be a very good platform to move to. when you have a private group on MeWe anything goes flashemifyougotem :butt: hitit :gay: :wtflol:

I know of some extremely good people in the forum business that would take on such a project.

As Andrew said, this is not cheap.

But if we find, say 40 people to put $100 down, we can have the best/newest option out there, professionally installed, with a badass mobile version available and easy picture transfer / video embedding.

Bebop said:
I know of some extremely good people in the forum business that would take on such a project.

But if we find, say 40 people to put $100 down, we can have the best/newest option out there, professionally installed, with a badass mobile version available and easy picture transfer / video embedding.

drool hitit :woot: :drinkers: thumb.gif

Bebop said:

I'm up for this

Bebop said:

So you're saying for $4k, we can have all the new hotness? Man the way people are bickering over this, I was thinking it was like $20k to start up. I hate to see Hardline go, but much like a church, it is the congregation rather than the vessel that makes it what it is. If we can't get the cooperation to fix it, I'd be in for $100 to start a new place. Just need 39 more. If I had the know how, I'd just start the thing.

Suggestion: if it was to happen have a ride were everyone brings their money. That way it starts off on the right foot. More riding less bullshit.

Eddyj said:
Suggestion: if it was to happen have a ride were everyone brings their money. That way it starts off on the right foot. More riding less bullshit.

I agree with Ed. Could the ride be scheduled somewhere like Hale or Morris Mountain that doesn't get much love? Maybe Stony?