• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hardline Custom "Sassy Chassis" P's buggy

Floors are in, took these pics to bring in to the sheetmetal dood to motivate him, if he doesnt say bring it in tommorow Im gonna lean on wontwork to help me on it... or Ill just cut and weld my ****, Im tired of lookin at sheetmetal laughing1 I also mounted the PSC pump and resy last night and "looked" at my fuel cell... Im gonna mount it tonight. Im starting to re-lean towards a PSC SE steering ram, dammit I cant make up my mind on steering. Im also tight budget wise the bitch may get a farm ram I dont know laughing1

feb18interior3.jpg

feb18interior1.jpg

Im at the IDC part.... fug the interior Im gonna get the tranny covered and throw BS at the rest of it... It wont be nice and clean like yours.... it will be simple and sparce... I got one gauge and one shifter to put in it..
laughing1

I do need to mount the ignition box and a couple of relays but I bought OEM GM relays that have the lil tabs on them so I can just hang them from the firewall with one bolt thumb.gif Other than that wiring wise Im plug and play with the Painless Harness for the most part. I do need to mount the puter somewere somewhat outta harms/ nature's way. Im thinking of a psuedo dash board favored to the passengers side so I got room to do work and Miles has no room to pull his bad ass tattoo out while in the rig :flipoff1:

P said:
Im starting to re-lean towards a PSC SE steering ram, dammit I cant make up my mind on steering. Im also tight budget wise the bitch may get a farm ram I dont know laughing1
don't you have the DE ram that I gave miles? it was supposed to come with that front end I thought. You already can have rod ends on teh way (did you send the check?) and clevis ends are easy. then its down to making some 6" arms for it. its so much easier to protect a static ram with short tie rods up high then a tie rod with a ram in the way. make a dozer blade like heath, only not with 1/4" plate on the front laughing1
seriously, if you need help on the clevises and arms, I can probably whip a set up this week and send them with the rod ends. I have some hardened 3/8" alloy pins that I'm going to drill through the arm and into the knuckle and use a reamer to get it .001" below .375 and drive the pins in. I stole this idea from rustynuts, but it helps with the sheer loads (bolts aren't made to take shear). its not as good as keying, but 100x better than just bolting. the other way is to steal some 9/16" studs out of a 44 (okay 3 of them so you have enough) and drill/tap your knuckles for 9/16" [currently 1/2"] and then taper the tops of the holes to the same angle as a 3/4 ton lug nut adn put monster 1 ton lug nuts on it. won't go anywhere then.
get with me on what you want to do. If you don't have miles's ram, disregard I guess.

Im leaning towards SE ram . I dont feel comfortable with the arms I got from Zukini for this project, not in the state they are in and Id spend more money and time getting proper hardware and or machining them to work than I care to. Which would lead me to spending another 200 + for a ready to go off the shelf set of arms. Hell for that much time and effort to run the ram I have from you ( still needing to fab clevis ends and a mount so on and so forth ) its more cost effective for me to order the SE comp ram for the PSC system Ive already purchased and be setup "parts correct"

Yes I can make all the DE ram and the arms I have work. NO I dont feel its worth the time that will be required.

I also feel like an SE ram will be less maintenance long term. Driving Matts Jeep with a good SE ram and driving several rigs with DE rams, I can say honestly I cant "feel" a difference in performance. Ive seen blingy DE rams fail, Ive never seen an SE ram fail. Not sayin it doesnt happen, but I sure havent seen it happen in person. Boils down to K.I.S.S. I can run a Tierod off the top of the factory position of the Knuckle and protect or not and I think for me, it will be just fine. ( if I can sell the SM465 it will cover the PSC comp SE ram Ive been eyeballin as well. ) Another benifit is if there is a Tierod failure in a comp or I bend the **** out of one, I can easily afford to have one ready to go as a spare prior to race day each and every race day.

Simple answer I was going to originally post... SE down low, It better fits my budget, timeline and work load. I still have ALOT of work load and adding more to be blingy is gay. Clearance on the tierod Im not really concerned with... i can protect it with a plow just as easily as I would have to if I went DE.

I love my PSC SE Ram and you driven it enough to know that it works well.

You need this: http://www.pscmotorsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=151_45&products_id=330

SC-2215-lrg.jpg

Could you run the arms from Chad with a SE ram that way you get the tie rod out of harms way? After looking at Brennan's this weekend I would have no desire to do all that work just to have a DE ram. Good call!

Just got off the phone with PSC... that particular ram is "not as powerful " Basically they told me that the "comp" 2" cylinder is what the use for rear engine rigs with very little weight on the frontend.

He gave me an example of a customer that bought one for a yota on 38s with a 4cyl and he said up against a rock it was straining... :eek:

So I went with the ol faithful...

SC-2203-lrg.jpg

Ram finally came in !! loller.gif UPS man just dropped it on my desk. I mounted the hood with the required 4 pins this weekend ( XRRA rule ) Also bent up a stinger and some front tubework around the grille... forgot to get a picture. Fuel cell is mounted and the fuel lines from TBI rear are ready, just need a few AN's off the fuel cell and go buy the pump and filter Ive been puttin off purchasing.

I cant wait to hear the remarks on the stinger... should provide plenty of entertainment laughing1

Yea TBI's goin off memory run off 13-15psi... that pump reads 14psi. Id assume it would work ?? Ill do a lil more research....

I am running a inline fuel pump from NAPA. It fits a 1988 Ford Bronco II. If I remember correctly it was in the $80.00 price range.

The E2000 pumps are the ones that most people run. They are pretty popular but I am not sure what they put out volume wise