• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Have RVCs, keep or sell my spares?

Craig_c

My buggy- 6.0ls 450ish hp, D60's front and rear, 40" Nittos. Have RCVs in the front, and have Yukon shafts with super joints for spares.

I could use the cash for parts for my rebuilding of the buggy, but then would not have any spares handy.

So thoughts? Keeping them isn't hurting me, but if I never break an RCV then the extra moola would be nice for other things.

for what they're worth, that's not really a whole bunch of money for a buggy. keep your spares and if you never need them, then maybe you help a friend not ruin a wheelin trip.

I'm running 10 factory shafts with 300m joints and have yukons with superjoints as spares. if I had RCVs, I'd still keep the spares

How often do you wheel rather far away? For example, a lot of my wheeling is just a 1 day trip to places less than 2 hours away. Not the end of the world if I break and have to load up for the day. But....if you find yourself doing weekend trips often, driving multiple hours away, the spares could be nice to keep from ruining an entire weekend. Still, RCV's have quite the rep. 8)

Most of my trips are weekend deals, hope to do some racing, though a front axle change during a race would be unlikely. Mainly 2 day trips to places like Harlan, Windrock, etc. Most places are about 4 hour trips. I'm not the hardest driver ever, but as time goes on Im sure that will change a bit. I'm sure if I sell them my next ride out Id break something coming off the trailer, and if I keep them the RCVs won't ever give me the first bit of trouble!

I would think the 60 gears would let go before the rcv's. That is if you went 300m. I have broken gears and carriers with yukons and superjoints. I had to go rcv in the rear 70 because the Yukons wouldn't take it.

nhl_bullitt said:
That is exactly how it goes. :wtflol:
I agree. Just as an example, say you could sell your spares for $500. I'd happily pay $500 if it meant never breaking a shaft. Piece of mind isn't always that cheap.

Guess I will keep them since it's not hurting me to. I'm sure I will never need them! It is nice peice of mind knowing that stuff is back at the truck.