• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Have you bought from Ballistic lately?

My joints came a week and a day after ordering. 3 days after ordering they hadn't shipped. I wasn't SUPER worried but I did take into account Ballistic's history. They emailed me telling me that there were still items in my shopping cart and to reply if I had questions. The cart they were referring to contained the same joints I had ordered, just on another computer. So I took the opportunity to reply and ask why the order hadn't shipped yet. They said that the joints were in stock and ready to ship to which I replied that the person I spoke to on the phone said they would have shipped yesterday. No reply after that until I received a shipment confirmation email that night. I guess that's neither here nor there since I did end up getting them in an acceptable period of time and I do not consider 3 days to handle a heavy package like that bad. I just wonder if they would have shipped at all had I not asked. They seran-wrapped them together in pairs tightly which caused otherwise beautifully machined threads to get all screwed up, but not to the point that I think I will have issues and no one will see them once they're in the links anyway. So that's my un-biased factual account of the whole experience. Overall I would say I would order from them again. The joints seem like they are very high quality.

patooyee said:
I just wonder if they would have shipped at all had I not asked.

patooyee said:
The joints seem like they are very high quality.

this is the problem i have ordering parts from them. i'm almost sure that they would not have shipped without the email. that is the only way ive seen that works. constant checking up and reminding who's really in line. its speculation, but based on several orders ive placed with them.

When I bought my toyota rear truss, I had just happened upon a vendor on Pirate that claimed to be just down the street from them, so I figured that was a safer bet than going direct. Got my parts quick no issues.

I had a terrible experience with them trying to get brackets that were supposedly in stock in November. It took me 6 weeks to get my order and every time I called for twice a week after the first week they were always "In stock and personally being put in the mail today!". I eventually got a sales manager who told me the same lie twice before I actually got a shipping notification. I was then promised a refund on my shipping and that never happened. I have another friend who ordered some shock hoop kits and is still waiting to know if they're bent and ready to ship 3 weeks later. I'll never do business with them again. They make some interesting stuff but the fact I was lied to so many times was enough for me. Delayed my axle swap by about 3 weeks.

Latest posts