• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

High rise tube fender's with no bends..

IMO it would of had to been so steep that I would of been on my way over anyways.

That's what I was gettin at...you shoulda left 'em, and see what happens!!!:awesomework: Hey, before you cap the ends off, can't you recess the lights into the holes a tad, which would protect 'em???? Just a thought...:D

It looks like what it is..... building something with no bender.
You can come borrow my bender if you want....

If i posted a pic of my toyota all these same guys would make fun of my fab work or lack there of. Then the followers would jump on the band wagon and try and be funny by coming up with another creative slam. If your fenders work and hold up to abuse and YOU like them then more power to you man! I don't even know you but I suspect your rig see's a lot of trail time and that speaks volume. Forget all the nay sayers and go put some rock rash on those fenders.

Darby--I don't know you but I like the way you think :awesomework::awesomework:
Joop--F 'em, wheel the piss out of it and fix em if they break. :awesomework::awesomework:
New light placement looks way better--shinin where ya want em now.:awesomework:

Last edited:
Well today I finished building my switch panel. Rewire some stuff under the hood. Tomorrow I still need to cap off the ends of the tube, but I'm still not sure if I want to do that.

The panel
P1070495.jpg

Then with LED and undercarriage lights on.
P1070501.jpg

Caped off the ends today, then flexed it out on the neighbors rocks. There is a bigger rock ledge on the other side of their property, but the people facing it drive a Volvo.. And well... You know how those people are. :eeek:

Plus if I flop it, I'll be blocking the street. :D

I could easily fit 40" tires under the rig now.

P1070502.jpg

P1070503.jpg

P1070504.jpg

P1070506.jpg

Caped off the ends today, then flexed it out on the neighbors rocks. There is a bigger rock ledge on the other side of their property, but the people facing it drive a Volvo.. And well... You know how those people are. :eeek:

Plus if I flop it, I'll be blocking the street. :D

I could easily fit 40" tires under the rig now.

P1070502.jpg

P1070503.jpg

P1070504.jpg

P1070506.jpg
Yeah but then you'd be breaking it more often lol

:awesomework:now that looks better. I didnt know you linked the front. cool. See you didnt need a bender after all. :fawkdancesmiley: I now see the joop light, its functional. take it from a person who experienced it, the difference between 36s and 40s isnt worth the upgrade of the front axle required to make it not a weak link. in other words my cj5 with dana 44s and 36s was just as tire height capable as my yj with 40s and dana 60s. There were times I wished I had just built my yj on d44 front and 60 rear with 37in iroks. I think the weak link running 40s on a d44 soon becomes the ball joints instead of the axleshafts or joints.its alot of weight on there. looks like your rig functions very well with 36s. 40s is only 2in more clearance, not worth it. Really just step up and run the 36 of the new millenium, the 44in tsl. I want to run 47in ltb's. The good thing is you will have fun no matter what you choose to do.

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with 36" Irok's I might go up to 37" or down to 35"s. But my rig got linked up front last summer. The rear is coming soon.

Latest posts