• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Holy ****!

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
wyatt, I shaved yours to the same point on the housing sides and forward, Hoever, I hatted your plate and coped it. WOW, this guy went nuts as **** in the ring gear. I didn't want to lose strength and go more than 3/16". he went 3/4" down to 9". THAT's HALF A TOOTH!!!
PIC_0134.jpg

Clearance belongs to the bold. laughing1

I see no practical purposes personally.... I dont know one situation that would warranty that kind of labor and effort unless you plan to run 35" tires on a buggy :dunno:

dang son! thats a cut! I think the one you did for me was/is the max you can go before you open the ring gear up to weaknesses. Just my opinion. But if you cut the ring that hard you dont have to clearance the top of the case to get the carrier out.

blacksheep10 said:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8533696&postcount=3

I would like to see how his "reciever" tube driver shaft works out. Keep lubing and it should work right?

I wonder how it compares to a low pinion ford 9"? Are there other advantages to a 14 bolt, like a beefier carrier that might help him?

Note: Half my club runs square tube driveshafts like that. You don't really even need to lube it much although some guys do. I run PTO shaft and I've never lubed it because it stays slightly cleaner without grease all over it. If I was going fast all the time I'd probably go with something better.

InDaShop said:
I would like to see how his "reciever" tube driver shaft works out. Keep lubing and it should work right?

I'm runnin' them... Yep looks ghetto but works. I was strongly against them but didn't have the $1k+ for new shafts. You can beat the **** outta the squares (1/4"-ish thick) and they ain't goin nowhere. Now my junk is built for low power, low gear, crawlin'.... High speed **** would probably rip the alum. housing transfer case in pieces laughing1

Somethings you just can't justify puttin' on a $300 truck... like $2000 howe steering, $1k driveshafts, pay for tires laughing1.... List goes on...

I had thought about carrying a square as a spare. I hack saw and some time, it could be shortened for the rear. One spare for both rigs, front and rear. To run all the time, no. I hate the sound of a round drive shaft on the rocks, I cannot imagine the noise a square one would make. Clunk....clunk...bam...clunk......bam

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I had thought about carrying a square as a spare. I hack saw and some time, it could be shortened for the rear. One spare for both rigs, front and rear. To run all the time, no. I hate the sound of a round drive shaft on the rocks, I cannot imagine the noise a square one would make. Clunk....clunk...bam...clunk......bam

yea my front and rears I made interchangeable thumb.gif I need to do another for a spare.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
I hate the sound of a round drive shaft on the rocks, I cannot imagine the noise a square one would make. Clunk....clunk...bam...clunk......bam
You can walk sideways on the driveshaft, sometimes it's pretty handy for getting yourself off a hangup.

6uldv8 said:
Eventually someone will put rubber tread on the driveshaft and P and MattO will wish they'd got a patent!

Dood, why you gotta keep talkin about it publically... he and I are real close to droppin the hottest product this year at SEMA !

Latest posts