• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How do I get ORV tags for my buggy?

This is fraud. It'll work (kinda) but as supersamurai said, if they check, you're busted. Chances are they will let it slide, but.....

Not fraud. Maybe not honest and possibly not legal but it's not fraud because there's no personal gain. Like Maveric said it may not be the most straightforeward approach to things but either is the games the staters play.:;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud

guys, you're making this WAY too hard.

Drive to Oregon (or call a friend to buy one for you in oregon and mail it), buy an OHV permit for $10.50. No inspections, No hassle, nothing.

They don't even require a VIN:
http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/ATV/qa.shtml

And its permitted to be used on ORV trails in WA. Done.

PS. This isn't fraudulent, and 100% legal. And without our NOVA funds, I'd rather be supporting Oregon ORV trails than WA state parks.

All i had was my hand writting bill of sale when i did my buggy. Guy was cool as **** in Yakima. I would tow all the way to yakima to do it again. Just pretend you are a Ford guy and he will talk your ear off.:D

If you have OR tabs, you'd better have OR plates. Ask me how I know.:;

i would argue this till the end of time. i'll even ask-- how do you know. my orv is titled in OR, has OR tags and has my washington address on the title. nothing wrong or illegal with it. if it is illegal, i would love to see the rcw.

I have a homemade 4x4 that says "assembled vehicle" on the title, it was inspected and re-VINd by the State Patrol. I talked to a lady at the local licensing place and she said any vehicle can get an ORV tag, you just have to pay twice, one for the street legal registration and again for the off road registration.

i would argue this till the end of time.

I bet you would......:haha:

This was experienced this past 4th of July trip at Naches. The Ranger came into camp and checked everyone's "buggy" for ORV tabs. We had 5 rigs from OR in camp and he verbally told us "this rig better be from Oregon".......and then he walked with each individual to their tow rigs and confirmed if they were indeed from OR.

I doubt a DNR employee would have gone to these extremes. But you never know.....

I bet you would......:haha:

This was experienced this past 4th of July trip at Naches. The Ranger came into camp and checked everyone's "buggy" for ORV tabs. We had 5 rigs from OR in camp and he verbally told us "this rig better be from Oregon".......and then he walked with each individual to their tow rigs and confirmed if they were indeed from OR.

I doubt a DNR employee would have gone to these extremes. But you never know.....

so you were bullied??? again i would ask for rcw. he cannot site you for having orv tags from OR. just because mr. law says? i think not. like i said, my washington address is on my OREGON title for my orv.

The real deal here is no matter how you skate through the system.......when confronted with the question "this doesn't look like a _____", will you be able to keep your head and hold that devilish lie as gods truth?:awesomework:

I have, and got away with murder.:D

Will you?:eeek:

guys, you're making this WAY too hard.

Drive to Oregon (or call a friend to buy one for you in oregon and mail it), buy an OHV permit for $10.50. No inspections, No hassle, nothing.

They don't even require a VIN:
http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/ATV/qa.shtml

And its permitted to be used on ORV trails in WA. Done.

PS. This isn't fraudulent, and 100% legal. And without our NOVA funds, I'd rather be supporting Oregon ORV trails than WA state parks.

right under the "Operating Permits" in the link you posted it says you need to show a VIN #. :awesomework:

The real deal here is no matter how you skate through the system.......when confronted with the question "this doesn't look like a _____", will you be able to keep your head and hold that devilish lie as gods truth?:awesomework:

I have, and got away with murder.:D

Will you?:eeek:

are you freaking serious??? gods truth??? dude, put the bong down. you have spouted hearsay and are unable to provide proof that it's not acceptable to fly an oregon tag unless you are an oregon resident. this is false and has absolutely no merit.

Q: I am from out of state, is my home state permit valid in Oregon?
A: An ATV/OHV operating permit that is issued in another state shall be honored in the State of Oregon if the issuing state also honors an Oregon ATV operating permit. This arrangement is Reciprocity. The ATV must have a resident state ATV/OHV operating permit or a State of Oregon ATV operating permit to operate the ATV on designated Oregon ATV areas. A State of Oregon ATV operating permit may be issued for all terrain vehicles owned by a resident of another state that does not have a permitting program. For a list of states that have reciprocity with Oregon, please visit the Reciprocity Information Page.

Washington "does" have it's own ORV tag system. Trust me after many years of riding the Oregon dunes. If you lie to get OR ORV permits and get caught it will hurt.

Latest posts