• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Husqvarna 410 wxc dual sport... opinions?

Hell yeah, went down and got my WA plate and registration today, title should be here in about 6 weeks. I put some mirrors on and adjusted a few things, lubed the chain up, I'm ready to ride. Looks like I need to do at least one fork seal though. This thing is a beast compared to my dinky little TTR, I love it.

I think I'm getting the starting procedure down... kick through it twice with the compression release lever pulled, find TDC, pull release again and set it just past it, close compression release and give it hell. Just have to get it right the first time or it floods easy. It's simple enough to clear it though, just open up the compression release, turn off the gas, kick it over a bunch, then wail on it until it fires off, and turn the gas back on.

I was worried someone might steal it, since it has no key, just runs off a dual sport battery and a kill switch... but they'd never figure out how to start the ****er. I'm still going to find a good spot for a hidden kill switch though....

Stock for stock, the Euro and American bikes are way more tricked out than the Japanese bikes. KTM, Husqavarna, Husaberg, Gas Gas, Vor, TM, ATK, Cannondale, etc. come with Excel wheels, Brembo brakes, hydraulic clutches, and other trick parts. They're also making more HP and typically are lighter weight stock for stock than the Japanese bikes. And new they cost $2500-$3000 more than the Japanese bikes. For this reason, the Japanese bikes outsell the Euro/USA bikes by more than I could speculate. The big 4 Japanese companies are able to (and want to) put way more cash into MX and SX. The Euro/USA bikes aren't so much going after the MX/SX markets, but more the Enduro and Adventure markets.

Nice Husky BTW. Just sold my DRZ400 and next spring will likely pick up a TE510.

Update!

Didn't take long, got pulled over for not having turn signals today, even though I use my hand signals religiously.

I knew it would happen sooner or later. This is an off road bike from the factory, that was "converted" and plated in Idaho as a dual sport bike... but apparently in Idaho, all that is required to get a plate is a single beam headlight, tail light, brake light, and license plate light. Washington's requirements are a little more.... strict.

Officer Foreman from the Chelan County Sheriff's office is a swell guy, and didn't write me a ticket... but now I have to order up some turn signals and get a dual sport battery charger so I can run them off the dual sport battery, since my stator is A/C only and probably doesn't have enough juice to run the turn signals as well as headlight/tail light.

As with the "JAPZ'' I bet you could get a aftermarket or modified stator to run your lights...

I just went out a got a CRF450X....sorry just love my jap crap..just for the ease of getting parts..

BTW this is my first bike in almost Twenty years..:awesomework:

Last new honda was a 88 XR600.....

Looking forward to getting back into it :cheer:

:beer: HOLY **** I thought you guys were kidding about ATK but I just googled and they seem alive and well..I thought they died when they left Cali.

Last edited:
As with the "JAPZ'' I bet you could get a aftermarket or modified stator to run your lights...

Yeah, I may end up doing that.... or just having the stock one re-wound by the local auto electric place. We'll see. I ordered some LED flashers, they shouldn't tax it too much, just have to go get a switch and a solid state flasher unit.

For now, I'm going to install the blinkers and just run some wires to the middle of the bike. I need to tear apart the wiring on this bike this winter and re-do a lot of it, since the PO used wire nuts, electrical tape and zip ties to add the headlight and tail light. :redneck:

...I need to tear apart the wiring on this bike this winter and re-do a lot of it, since the PO used wire nuts, electrical tape and zip ties to add the headlight and tail light. :redneck:

sound's like they used the standard electrical parts for wiring....what's wrong with that:redneck: