• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I drove it home broke.

Bunk1

That nice azzhole
Without a long drawn out intro....You dont trailer your rig, However it broke on the trail and you drove it home that way..whatcha got?

both front birfs, both broken and floating around in the axle housing.

Rear brake line, Yes i drove home from marysville to Kirkland with NO brakes.

front leaf spring, Broke it in the middle of the shoestring and ratchet strapped the axle in place.

Rear welded diff..Blew up at the naches and only drove 1 tire...Most of the time.

Rear nwor spring, Broke just after the lilly pond. Duct taped and hose clamped got it out.

I'll add more as i remember.

Broke brake line- drove home with pretty sketchy brakes/none

Broke rear drive line- drove home with a detroit up front

Spent the night up on jacks pass in the dead of winter cuz i blew a bead and had no air and no spare tire

blew up spiders on model 20-that was fun drive home:mad:

Clogged fuel line..made it to duvall and had a buddy tow me from duvall to kirkland via tow strap

Does it count if I drove to Crash's place?

Ripped off front leaf spring mount, leaf main eye wedged between frame and starter.
One wheel drive. In the front. Oh boy...

Busted front u-bolt with SUA on another occasion.

I drove home with the wrap bar in the back seat and a combination of electrical tape and alder leaves around the gaping hole in the axle tube. Not that big a deal, except spring over + super soft springs + no wrap bar + short ass wheel base makes for a mighty squirrelly drive.

Once with open rear brake lines and the highly freaky pedal that accompanies such problems.

It is times like these that makes one appreciate the convenience of a trailer.

Tried to make it home once with a mud packed clutch. Made it from Elbe to about halfway to eatonville before I had to call Dirtball to come get me.

All sorts of configurations of broken STOCK control arms have gotten me home.

Rear diff toasted. Front wheel drive with a detroit is a real treat.

Toasted throwout bearing got me home and to work for a few days before I could fix it.

More later, I've got a toilet to plunge.

drive home with a gapping hole in my tire once, I could hear the hiss every revolution. Also broke a brake line (actually one of those big ass old logging cables on sac up did) and drove home without front right brake, that was weird. didnt really break it, but my water pump started pissing water like crazy so I filled her up with stop leak and drove home little by little

I think we did a twisted Driveline form highrider once...but I wasn't driving:haha:

:haha: :haha:

"shake" 'rattle" and 'rolled"all the way there.

and home with one 35 two 36 and one 33 inch tire...interesting feeling going down the highway at 55.

Drove home from reiter to smokey point one time, blown head gasket, took somewhere between 15-20 gallon's of water to make it, then it didn't start again.

broken birfs, with no tool's to remove them

no front brakes

broken main leafs

broken rear driveline combined with one front hub sheared off

I'm sure there are more, i'll post as i remember.

Last one I can remember was Last thanksgiving. Playing in the snow, Had to Tug out a F350 4x4 who was about to go down a mountain. Busted my centering pin. Crab walked from Quilecene are to Bremerton, doing 65 down the highway.

Oh wait July 1st. Rolled my jeep. Didn't trailer it to Tahuya, drove it home with a bent to fawk tube fender, crooked ass grill, slightly mangled hood, and broke windshield (which is still broke) :redneck:

- broke/lost a u-bolt and a SOA bracket in the rear, came home with a bungee cord sort of holding things together.

-broken ARB in the front dana 30, which could have resulted in me "going over the handle bars" :;

-rod bearings blew on the way up harlen ridge, threw some ATf in to quiet it down, and kept on going, on the way home i barely made it up over high bridge:haha:

- most of the others i remember are of a friend and his toyota.... need i say more...:fawkdancesmiley: :haha: R&P falling back into the case, resulting a in a dropped d-line in 2' of snow in the middle of nowhere:mad: shock mounts falling off, axle perches breaking and rolling... and another toyota had an IFS meltdown and had the brackets break:haha:

Blew a clutch slave - shifting wasn't too bad, it was the stop signs. Shift to N, roll to stop, kill engine, shift, start in gear. Repeat at the next block :mad:

Ripped out the t-case drain plug on stair step. My buddy shoved his thumb in the hole while I found the plug, cleaned the aluminum out of the threads, and wrapped the threads in a grocery bag (poor man's teflon tape). Not only did it make it home, it made it to work for the next week until I found a replacement case to swap gears into.

Just pick up rig going 75 on I90 the the front pass main leaf brakes. 4 rachet straps and a copule d rings I was back on the road. Made it from cle elum to arlington.

• Broken leaf spring.
  • Blown head gasket--it was in the red quite a bit.
  • Broken clutch bracket. Had to shut the engine off at stops, then shift to 1st, then restart to go.

Went for a night snow run and my tranny frooze up. Had to be pulled with a rope from evans to my house in roy with my foot on the clutch so the engine could run so I had heat. It took two days for my sore leg to work right again.

-broke'n front u joint caved in cab,no windsheild and drove it home from Reiter pit to Everett eating glass all the way.

-Evan's creek too Everett with a broke'n torshion bar on the Nissan..

:corn:

blown rear u joints 3 times on the blazer till the rear blew and each time it busted the ears off the ends so i drove 40 miles one way on front drive to get a new drive shaft end and u joint installed. After the rear blew i drove it for 3 days on front drive till it was traded in on the NEW 91` chevy S-10

Drove home with 5psi oil pressure then had to drive it all week to work, spit out a push rod on the way home, had to reinstall it for the drive to work.
Blew up 1st gear in a 3sp trans at Moses lake and drove home.
Broke a spring in my detroit locker in Moab and drove home, that was a long trip, locker unlocked on one side every time you put power to it.