• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I might be crazy....

I think this is more true than not. Most people seem to have no issue but all it take is one overzealous cop and by letter of the law they can sometime nail you to the wall, or at minimum make a big hassle until you can prove them wrong.

Loose the graphics, don't drive like an ass and enjoy your new home on wheels.

Thats the plan!! :awesomework:

I usually drive like an ass but this thing is a little big for that kind of crap lol:redneck:

This trailer is just down the road from me. Always wondered what the inside of that castle looked like. Those guys used to drag race diesel's or what? Been considering buying a flat bed from them

This trailer is just down the road from me. Always wondered what the inside of that castle looked like. Those guys used to drag race diesel's or what? Been considering buying a flat bed from them

Dont think he has ever drag raced diesels, but his shop is a diesel place they also do a lot of stuff with dirt bikes and sleds. Does a real nice job mounting all his flatbeds too guys name is Brett :awesomework:

Trailer was mainly set up for taking sleds out in the winter time

He is also a timbersled dealer....i may get one of those down the road from him as well!!:cool:

Bret's a great guy and real easy to do business with. I bought my flatbed from him.... Picked it up on a sunday. I'd recommend him to anyone.:awesomework:

Towed it home yesterday with a friends truck (my hitch has showed up yet :rolleyes: ) towed really nice at 75 mph no issue :cool: the pin weight is a little high with no weight in the back but not bad at all really.

Went ahead and test fitted the jeep on the 42's with 15 pounds in the tires had 1.5" to spare going in the door but its a little wide on the 42's so I will be making a ramp on one fender to drive over it and one light fixture hangs too low so I will be replacing it with a lower profile unit or maybe just moving it all together not really sure yet. on the 39's in the summer the width wont be as much of an issue and it will be slightly shorter too, overall im happy with how it fits for a YJ on 42's!!

Truck speed limit is 60mph though.

Ahhh but this is a very big gray area :corn: what is the definition of a "truck" for the speed limit in this state?

Also I am towing an RV so what catergory does that fall into? The signage in this state is less than obvious of what to follow

move the lights off to the sides, and just run a set of littles on the front when you load it.

With the lights out of the way I shouldn't have any height issues, just width on the 42's and the plan is to avoid changing any tires to load :cool:

Any vehicle in combination or that is over 10,000lbs GVWR must follow the "Truck" limit, it doesn't matter what kind of trailer you are towing.

RCW 46.61.410

(3) The word "trucks" used by the department on signs giving notice of maximum speed limits means vehicles over ten thousand pounds gross weight and all vehicles in combination except auto stages.

Any vehicle in combination or that is over 10,000lbs GVWR must follow the "Truck" limit, it doesn't matter what kind of trailer you are towing.

RCW 46.61.410

(3) The word "trucks" used by the department on signs giving notice of maximum speed limits means vehicles over ten thousand pounds gross weight and all vehicles in combination except auto stages.

Well when/or if I get caught I will be prepared to pay the ticket :cool: so far I have passed a lot of staters doing 70+ but im sure I will pass one someday who will actually care

I tow over 10k all the time and run 70+ and never have been looked at by staters. just don't go 56mph in kalifonicated land towing, the chp have a hard on for that.

and
Sam I was referring to getting between the wheel wells with the littles.

I tow over 10k all the time and run 70+ and never have been looked at by staters. just don't go 56mph in kalifonicated land towing, the chp have a hard on for that.

and
Sam I was referring to getting between the wheel wells with the littles.

Ya ive been cali is the worst as far as towing, also in Oregon turn off your fog lights when towing...ask me how I know :rolleyes:

Ya I knew what ya ment just don't want to swap tires is all. I will make it work :D and if it becomes a real issue I have a set of old dodge tires sitting in the garage that I could scrounge up some crappy 17" wheels for and go that route just trying to avoid it:awesomework:

and..... you might look to see if you can get some more ground clearance with the axles. you will have trouble on some of the forest service roads and campground access roads... ask me how I know !!!

and you'll want to mount steel wheel casters on the back bumper of the trailer.

and..... you might look to see if you can get some more ground clearance with the axles. you will have trouble on some of the forest service roads and campground access roads... ask me how I know !!!

and you'll want to mount steel wheel casters on the back bumper of the trailer.

It came with big ass steel casters on brackets welded to the frame from the factory :cool:

I am going to get it set up to tow as level as possible to get the most clearance on the ass end as possible, but I know it will drag on a bunch of stuff I may put a piece of big angle iron on the back lip just as a slide/protection strip too

Not to be a Negative Nancy...

You are missing the point about the speed limit. You may be able to tow that thing at 75mph, and that is great if you can. BUT the reality is that you should not be.

I think the thing is cool as hell, and if I had the parking for something like that, I too would move that direction.

But you are forgetting the percentage of braking power needed to stop a mass like that. The amount of kinetic energy that the combination possesses is greatly increased when you move from 60mph to 75mph.

You may not think so...but it does multiply dramatically.

Safety and being safe doesn't make you less cool. It ensures that you don't kill someone, or yourself, so that life can be enjoyed.

Not to be a Negative Nancy...

You are missing the point about the speed limit. You may be able to tow that thing at 75mph, and that is great if you can. BUT the reality is that you should not be.

I think the thing is cool as hell, and if I had the parking for something like that, I too would move that direction.

But you are forgetting the percentage of braking power needed to stop a mass like that. The amount of kinetic energy that the combination possesses is greatly increased when you move from 60mph to 75mph.

You may not think so...but it does multiply dramatically.

Safety and being safe doesn't make you less cool. It ensures that you don't kill someone, or yourself, so that life can be enjoyed.

Point taken :awesomework:

If im doing that kind of speed its when there is nobody else around me, in seattle traffic i was doing like 55 cause of all the asshats around that make me nervous :mad: