• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I might be crazy....

Ya ive been cali is the worst as far as towing, also in Oregon turn off your fog lights when towing...ask me how I know :rolleyes:

Ya I knew what ya ment just don't want to swap tires is all. I will make it work :D and if it becomes a real issue I have a set of old dodge tires sitting in the garage that I could scrounge up some crappy 17" wheels for and go that route just trying to avoid it:awesomework:

what's with the fog lights towing in Ore. :eeek:

what's with the fog lights towing in Ore. :eeek:

I thought it was pretty rediculous but according to the oregon state patrol that pulled us over it is illegal to have your fog lights on when towing a trailer because they shine into the car in front of you's mirrors or some crap. He didnt ticket us cause we were from washington and had no idea but he said it was like 150 dollar ticket or something. couldnt believe it, as if the headlights dont also shine in the windows....the fog lights are lower i didnt get it lol

braking is the last of my worries.... 3 axles with brakes = hauling it down faster the my truck does it's self!

the worrying part is maneuvering when **** goes bad. that is the bad part!!!

and with a rig that long you wont have any place to go but where you are!

like Sam the only I run over 60 is when there is light traffic around me.

the rest of the time I let the idiots go around me.:awesomework:

Had no idea. What s stupid law

Yep neither did we, and the headlights on the truck were horrible the only reason we could see was cause of the fogs...cop didn't care :rolleyes:

things are a little different down there :redneck:

braking is the last of my worries.... 3 axles with brakes = hauling it down faster the my truck does it's self!

the worrying part is maneuvering when **** goes bad. that is the bad part!!!

and with a rig that long you wont have any place to go but where you are!

like Sam the only I run over 60 is when there is light traffic around me.

the rest of the time I let the idiots go around me.:awesomework:

Agreed :cool:

Did I miss the make and model of this trailer? And how tall and wide with the 42's is your jeep?
cheers

Well got the hitch and bags installed on the dodge and hooked it up and went around the neighborhood to see how much air I should run in the bags and to move it off the lawn for a while, taking it to the race shop tomorrow to work on a few things in the garage area as well.

For the highway im going to run between 40-50 PSI in the bags but wont know for sure until I hit the highway tomorrow. Granted this is with a totally empty cargo space so this may change with the rig in it as well. When hitting the dirt roads to camp sites I will probably drop a bunch of bag pressure to get the ass end a little higher for clearance on terrain. Other than that it towed really nice actually (so far) and I tried backing up turning the blind side and that was a joke lol. See how tomorrow goes, gotta go about 30 miles mostly all highway.

It's hard to tell in the pictures but it doesn't look like you have much clearance between the bed rails and trailer, you may want to look into lifting the trailer. :cheer:

It's hard to tell in the pictures but it doesn't look like you have much clearance between the bed rails and trailer, you may want to look into lifting the trailer. :cheer:

its about 12" between the rails and the trailer, closer than i would like it but im trying to keep the front down to keep the ass up lol

Its torsion bar suspension so lifting it is easier said than done, but i may be looking into it in the future just for ease of getting around:cool:

its about 12" between the rails and the trailer, closer than i would like it but im trying to keep the front down to keep the ass up lol

Its torsion bar suspension so lifting it is easier said than done, but i may be looking into it in the future just for ease of getting around:cool:

:awesomework:

:awesomework:

Did some looking and it looks like depending on how the axles are mounted (either welded or bolted) I can call the manufacturer and most of them sell "lift kits" for the torsion style up to 4" of lift so i will crawl under it later today and see how its mounted and what brand axles they are and then go froward from there. for now i just have to be careful

Thats a nice score.:awesomework:

Thanks Hip :cool: