• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I need a new hitch

and treeclimber like I said.. they already had a recall for cracking on the factory dodge hitches.. might as well dump the POS while you're working on it..

You of course realize you are NOT contridicting my theory, but rather reinforcing it.

Because if there is a RECALL, then Dodge will give you a new hitch for FREE. And if this isn't a recall unit, then my theory still is valid.

You of course realize you are NOT contridicting my theory, but rather reinforcing it.

Because if there is a RECALL, then Dodge will give you a new hitch for FREE. And if this isn't a recall unit, then my theory still is valid.

If yours is cracking they will give you a new one, if not they will bolt reenforcement brackets to it. How stupid is that? Fix a bad design by bolting **** to it. :rolleyes:

Check the laws on welding a hitch too...I am pretty sure it's supposed to be mechanically connected to the frame to be legal. Most wouldn't care but if you ever had a problem and there was a lawsuit it would suck

Check the laws on welding a hitch too...I am pretty sure it's supposed to be mechanically connected to the frame to be legal. Most wouldn't care but if you ever had a problem and there was a lawsuit it would suck

one of the storys my teacher told us was a guy hauling rocks over the tressel and his welded hitch broke off and killed somebody and the guy that welded it on got charged with vehicular mansluatar(SP?):eeek:

and he was only hauling a meager 1 ton load of rock

School is good.

Life experience is better :awesomework:

x2, but you can't get a whole lota "life experience" without first getting the schoolin...

But after you get the schoolin, all they want to know about is what kind of work you've done...

like what was stated earlier, if it hasn't already cracked (which his wasn't) all they do is give it a bandaid.. I should have stated that in my other post..

Why not just re-bolt it back into place with one size bigger bolts? Save the $ for something else.

And I'm not trying to be a smart azz, I'm truly just asking a valid question that nobody else seems willing to bring forth?

The hitch isn't bent. You simply have a hardware failure? Yes? So just replace the damn hardware.

I am now very excited to remove the massively fawked up hitch and take pics of it. Actually, I should say epically ****ed hitch but the pics will tell the story. Wait til friday.

When my dad was outfitting his dodge for r/v hauling he got a class 5 duplex. That is the most burly and usefull hitch ever. Having the second reciever makes life grreat when you arre hauling different trailers all the time and he has the 5' extension that uses both receivers for having a camper in it at the same time as you are pulling a tt. I can find out what bran d and all that if you'd like.

After reading this thread, I'm going to take a really close look at the hitch on the dodge next time my brother brings it by my house, and check the torque on all the bolts, just for good measure.

BTW, WT, the first part of your sig line always makes me chuckle... mainly because it's the damned truth. :redneck: