• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I need a new hitch

just go out and get a gooseneck trailer and caller good:awesomework: but fawk bunk that sucks and I hope you get it all takin care of..

They still haven't figured it out on the 2008's. The truck is factory rated to tow 16.8K, but the hitch that comes on the truck is only rated to 5K gross and 500lbs tongue.

Truck will be getting a 2.5" Superhitch.

They still haven't figured it out on the 2008's. The truck is factory rated to tow 16.8K, but the hitch that comes on the truck is only rated to 5K gross and 500lbs tongue.

Truck will be getting a 2.5" Superhitch.

5k gross? wtf? My Dad's 05 shows that his hauls more then that.. Even my 98 is rated at 10k.. I though the same thing though.. that's what it says for bumper pull.. not the hitch.

Last edited:
Just build your own :fawkdancesmiley:
1436720682_e3f4b7c72a.jpg

1436722228_1ff370f184.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad I read this...I'm about to make my own hitch for my Yota and I don't want to weld it wrong and have problems later.

That's some scary **** though.

Nice walmart 2" Ball there Clarence... yea I know that's where you got it.. I had to get one in a pinch too.. But I only used it once! =P

5k gross? wtf? My Dad's 05 shows that his hauls more then that.. Even my 98 is rated at 10k.. I though the same thing though.. that's what it says for bumper pull.. not the hitch.

The sticker down on the actual receiver itself says the receiver is only rated to 5K. Not sure what the bumper mount is rated to - I'll never use it anyways.

I put a Putnam Class V XDR hitch on my rig after my stock Chevy 2500HD Class V hitch bent. It's good for 15,000 w/o weight distributing hitch - 16,000 with one.

It made a big difference with a 3 foot hitch extension (for the camper) flat-towing my CJ7.

The price is good considering you could kill someone with a weak setup. I think I paid $130 delivered to my door.

Nice walmart 2" Ball there Clarence... yea I know that's where you got it.. I had to get one in a pinch too.. But I only used it once! =P

Damn right! I shop at Wally World! "Welcome to Wal*Mart, get your **** and get out! Have a nice day!""

My travel trailer has a 2" ball on it. Normally I have a 2-5/16" ball on there. :redneck:

The sticker down on the actual receiver itself says the receiver is only rated to 5K. Not sure what the bumper mount is rated to - I'll never use it anyways.

it's the same sticker on all HD trucks. You really think Dodge could sell a 1 ton with a 5k lbs hitch rating?

I still have a really hard time believing that it's only a 5k capacity.. my 98 Ram is rated at 10k.. I think they rate them at 5k just to save their asses in court.. I don't know anyone who even tows less then 5k with their Ram.

I still have a really hard time believing that it's only a 5k capacity.. my 98 Ram is rated at 10k.. I think they rate them at 5k just to save their asses in court.. I don't know anyone who even tows less then 5k with their Ram.

the hitch on my powerjoke is 12,5. so i dont think dodge would under rate their hitch if ford isnt just for legality