• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I need opinions please...

Bang for the buck=welded. When welded properly they will not break. I personally run spools, and if you want to spend the money I suggest spools but again bang for the buck=weld. Why do you think you need a locker? People always say for highway use, but I disagree. Before bobbys 30's, lockers were used to try to prevent inner axle failure. With the advance in toy axle strength there is no need for a locker. 8" ring and pinions eventually fail regaurdless if locked or welded. My group of wheelers religiously pull their diffs every 3months or so to check the backlash and ware pattern. Still many of their diffs just blow up on the trail at the drop of a hat. A welded rear lets a rig get awsome traction on the road in wet or dry conditions. Sure it will wear down the tires a little quicker when cornering but not in the front. If your hubs are unlocked it don't matter what kind of lockamadoooohicky is in there.

Welded front.:booo:

From the man himself.:beer:

Why are we discussing this in my thread? Not to be a ****, but, I asked about front locker options, not Bobby's warrantee. :stirpot:

Last edited:

Latest posts