• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I need some help!!!

4runner5307

so I have a 91 4runner on 33's and I'm gonna lift it 4inches. I wanna do the lift myself but my buddy and I havent done a yota before so I have some questions about doin it. Is there alot of cutting??? Anything will help

so I have a 91 4runner on 33's and I'm gonna lift it 4inches. I wanna do the lift myself but my buddy and I havent done a yota before so I have some questions about doin it. Is there alot of cutting??? Anything will help

Body or suspension?

If your looking to do a solid axle swap look around the garage section, you will find plenty of build threads to get an idea what you got ahead.:awesomework:

sorry bout the double post its the first one i've done. yeah i thought about the solid axle but decided against it i dont have that kind of $$$ right now so doing the suspension

To do a SAS, it really doesn't cost much more than buying an IFS 4" lift, and the end result will be much better IMHO....Better to spend the $$ once...

thats true. so i'm actually pretty new to the sport of wheelin i've always liked doin it but never had a rig of my own until a few months ago, i'm in the navy and live in bremerton so the only place i have gone to is Tahuya. i'm from WA up north in arlington where else are some good places to go??

i would say walker valley! but you should know that..

and x2 on the s.a.s you will haave a ton into ifs and break more stuff then if you just swapped it.. eventualy all the ifs stuff will start tearing off the frame from wheelin anyway..

walker valley oh yeah i havent been up there yet, someone told me it was closed?? so the swap is the way to go then huh any clue on how much ill be lookin at money wise??

Walker Valley ORV area is open.

As for your swap, you will most likely need to source parts and know some things about fabrication before really getting into a solid axle swap.

I would recommend doing a lift like you have, and finding out if wheeling is your thing.

Also, joining a club is highly beneficial. You will learn lots about wheeling with a club and you will most likely meet like minded people that have been wheeling for a while and you can learn from their mistakes.

Happy wheeling...

If it were mine, I'd leave it stock height and put a locker in the back. Buy a welder, grinder, some steel and a winch. Make some sliders, winch bumper, rear bumper. Wheel it and if you like fabbin and get into it, SAS it. Dont bother spending money on gears and lockers for an IFS front end. If you lose interest, you can sell the rear third with locker and the welder and winch.

If it were mine, I'd leave it stock height and put a locker in the back. Buy a welder, grinder, some steel and a winch. Make some sliders, winch bumper, rear bumper. Wheel it and if you like fabbin and get into it, SAS it. Dont bother spending money on gears and lockers for an IFS front end. If you lose interest, you can sell the rear third with locker and the welder and winch.

This. Nicely put Cisco.

thats what I did also

The best thing is to not reinvent the wheel. There are tons of info out there on what works and doesn't work. Spend a month or so reading and deciding what your ultimate rig will be and then go there. Not partway there, but all the way. It will be a lot cheaper in the long run.

definitly this :awesomework:

:awesomework:exactly ,I just sold a hole SAS everything that ya need,axle /springs/boom shackles/front hanger/diff armor/U BOLT FLIP KIT plus some for $350 to casey in yelm he got a good deal:mad:he was stoked . SAS the way to go though .Think out side the IFS WHICH IS BS:beer:

look in the garage section.. brian h just bought a newer 4runner... he wheeled it messed up the ifs lift now he has to do a s.a.s !! my ifs lift was expensive and just garbage by the time i did my s.a.s it tore from the frame