• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I want a Samurai....

Went to take it out on Friday for the first time in 2 months. NO 4WD LOW RANGE! I have 2WD Low :eeek: but no 4wd low. Yes! the hubs were locked in.

When the transfer case is stuck in neutral, the culprit is usually the t-case shifter "sheet"........but what about my situation? What could it be? Where do I start?

Definitely not going wheeling till this is fixed.:looser:

Do you have 4Hi?
Does your T-case have that goofy 2Lo mod done to it? Have heard of issues with this.

No 4hi. No twin-sticks.

When I did have 4low, it always took a bit of force and a couple tries to engage 4low. And the t-case shifting had been steadily getting worse over the past few months.

I'm wondering if maybe the front output is kaputz...

Me too:mad: The tcase shifter moves and shifts effortlessly from "4hi" to "4lo"......no resistance, like it should have.

I'm out for awhile if junk inside the tcase is busted.:frown: I can deal with misaligned shift rails but I'm not prepared for the bigger stuff.

It's here at home in North Bend. My options are limited and my ability is even less. I appreciate the enthusiasm and motivation. Looks like she's gonna sit out the rest of the year. That's wheeling.....