• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

If you could build any vehicle...

grcthird

Birmingham, AL
What if you could build any vehicle, your dream car, monster truck, motor scooter, whatever, no budget limitations, not having to worry if the wife will ride in it with your ugly mug, just for fun, just for you, just because, vehicle, what would it be? :dunno:

This is where the 80's child in me SCREAMS for something along the lines of The General Lee, Smokey and the Bandit TA, ZZ top 34 Ford Eliminator drool , hell even The Fall Guy truck.

I think right now, I could go for something along the lines of a 30 Ford Model A Sedan, slightly rat rod, flat black, flames, big ass blower motor, cage of course. :smoke:

I've already got the vehicle that I would build. It's an 81 Dodge D100 that my Grandfather gave me when I was 15. I drove it in high school with the slant six and 4 speed in it. 9 yrs ago I built a 400 big block Mopar and TF727. It's got a 150hp nitrous system on it now. It's pretty quick and surprises alot of people already. But I would like to do a full tube chassis under it with a huge high hp motor with alot of nitrous on it. Kinda like the Sonoma on Street Outlaws.

Re:

I'd pimp out a black 379 Pete. I spend most of my time driving big trucks so I guess I would build what I would get the most use out of.

My problem is that I want to much, I've wanted a cs Vette for 30 years, I finally bought one last week with stupid low miles, I'm already building a 70 c10 like i have always wanted, but I'm going to have to get a really nice 55 2 door Chevy for me and the fam to take trips in before I'm ever satisfied. Hell that's going to fill a 4 car garage between them and my buggy so at some point I've got to cut something but really think it would take all of that before I'm satisfied. That's the curse of people that can build things themselves tho. For example I'm laying in bed right now at 3:48 in the am writing this because I woke up thinking about a ifs rear end project I've been working the bugs out of that im designing. DAMN men and their toys. The big curse and blessing of man is the "what if"

I've built one thing I've always wanted a classic truck. I built a 54 GMC truck only down side it wasn't for myself. But it I have full access. So I got to built it drive it and play with it and not cost me anything. It wasn't really my dream vehicle. If I was going to tear one down and bring back together the way I want it would be a Buick Grand National. For some reason I've always had a soft spot for those. Second in line would be a 69 charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78-79 Ford Crew Cab 4X4 7.3, ZF6, NP205 w/ pto. Four link front and rear.
I am SO close to having access to all the parts. Just not sure if I have it in labor wise.

Jcampbell54 said:
I've built one thing I've always wanted a classic truck. I built a 54 GMC truck only down side it wasn't for myself. But it I have full access. So I got to built it drive it and play with it and not cost me anything. It wasn't really my dream vehicle. If I was going to tear one down and bring back together the way I want it would be a Buick Grand National. For some reason I've always had a soft spot for those. Second in line would be a 69 charger.

There you use to be a couple of guys that near Lawrenceburg tn (just down from summertown) that would drive in a couple of grand nationals change tires bust off some very low 7 second passes and then drive them home, I always thought that was some impressive street cars. And they are comfortable as any car

RustyC said:
78-79 Ford Crew Cab 4X4 7.3, ZF6, NP205 w/ pto. Four link front and rear.
I am SO close to having access to all the parts. Just not sure if I have it in labor wise.
X3 I will take 1 with a long bed please.

Jcampbell54 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is mine :****:

28-30 lbs of boost, 6.90s @ 101 Mph, & 22 MPG..... Outrun mustangs with 5 of your friends & carry groceries for a family of 4 easily... The original "supercar"

87 GN- Precision Ball Bearing GT6776, 65 lb injectors, 62mm TB & Plenum, RJC Power Plate, Acufab ADFPR, Comp 212/212 Flat tappet, Stock Ported and Polished Irons and Intake Gasket matched, THDP, ATR Headers, Dump Pipe /w Electric Cut Out, Hooker 2 1/2 Dual Exhaust, Billet Precision 10" 3200 Stall, Tubular Upper A arms, dual air bags, boxed lowers, Rodlites with 275/60 Mickey DRs, Hot Wired 340, Trans PRO Laptop Tuner /w PRO Chip, LM1 Wide Band, Custom FMIC, Tach, Oil, Water, Audible Knock & Gauge, Scanmaster 2.1, Razors Alcohol Injection, Direct Scan Ram Charger Fans, 140A Alternator, ect. ect....

Attachments

• Desktop Background.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 523
My dream truck is about a 85 toyota 4 door with the diesel motor from japan...with one tons and some good year mtrs..and ride out thumb.gif

muddinmetal said:
Here is mine :****:

28-30 lbs of boost, 6.90s @ 101 Mph, & 22 MPG..... Outrun mustangs with 5 of your friends & carry groceries for a family of 4 easily... The original "supercar"

87 GN- Precision Ball Bearing GT6776, 65 lb injectors, 62mm TB & Plenum, RJC Power Plate, Acufab ADFPR, Comp 212/212 Flat tappet, Stock Ported and Polished Irons and Intake Gasket matched, THDP, ATR Headers, Dump Pipe /w Electric Cut Out, Hooker 2 1/2 Dual Exhaust, Billet Precision 10" 3200 Stall, Tubular Upper A arms, dual air bags, boxed lowers, Rodlites with 275/60 Mickey DRs, Hot Wired 340, Trans PRO Laptop Tuner /w PRO Chip, LM1 Wide Band, Custom FMIC, Tach, Oil, Water, Audible Knock & Gauge, Scanmaster 2.1, Razors Alcohol Injection, Direct Scan Ram Charger Fans, 140A Alternator, ect. ect....

Can you be a bit more specific? I'm a little fuzzy on this one. :dunno:

Awesome Choice though. :****:

muddinmetal said:
I cut, copied, & pasted my sig from the turbobuick nerd site.... could you tell?

Nah, just thought you needed a cigarette after writing all that. Good stuff though