• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

infected fuel injection

orangecrush1

94 GM TBI this system has run awsom on my cruiser, then one day it started acting up . under a load it starts sputering and back fireing through the TBI unit and if accelarator imput is increased death is emenent. It does not do this all the time making dieagnosing the culpret most imposable .any ideas ?:wtf:

I think this should be in the tech section.......
Fuel filter would be my first check. Fuel lines for blockage, that sort of thing. Check fuel pressure if you have a gage. Also possible bad injector.
Also check for trouble codes.

Good idea, Kevin may be right. To test the TPS use a multi meter (ohm's) on 2 of the three inputs on the TPS with the wires unplugged. I don't recall which 2 but I believe the 2 that arent black. If you have the wrong 2 just try the others, it won't hurt it. With the multi meter hooked up slowly open and close the throttle, the resistance should change steady and consistantly. If there are dead spots or erratic readings it may be bad.

i have the same problem. except my truck will run fine one day and then barely chug out of my driveway the next. i think it's a fuel feed problem, like crash said. gotta figure out how to find exactly what the problem is. hmmm... best of luck to you.

More likely to be the MAP sensor.

But this wreaks of a clocked filter. If you don't have a pressure gauge, just pop the filter out and try to blow through it. You'll know.

I would only do a visual inspection on the map--I have only seen 2 fail in many years.

As gary said also weak spark but that can be seen by removing a plug and seing how they look(lots of black soot on plug if its weak spark).