• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

****ing burntable woes

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
short story.
taking way too long to set this thing up. I hook up a comp to it that I got for free. still a good comp. I get the settings all tuned how the manual says, I can jog it all over with a click of the mouse, x, y, z, right left up down A B select start, all that good ****. That's a week ago. drew a link tab in CAD in the house. comp in shop only has CD rom and 3.5" (usb too). I don't have a 3.5 drive on the new comp, so I burn it to cd. take it out, cd drive doesn't work. ****. Yes, it worked when I installed the burntable software. now it doesn't. So I go buy a 2G thumb drive. put it on there. take it out to the shop.....no driver. no cd with driver with the drive. ****. buy a new computer yesterday, go north 30 minutes to get it. get home, it doesn't have the com1 and 2 ports (serial ports). just 1. I drove back up there tonight and got a serial card. It went in no probs, went to install the driver, something fawked up, but I think it works. put the new tower in, set all the parameters again, I can jog the machine, do whatever I want there, make it go all over up and down, whatever. ready to cut. I need a file to cut it. in teh dxf to G code (cut language) conversion screen, I can't ****ing save changes to a file once I convert it. I am at my wits end and am following the directions to a T (nad have done it several other ways to try it). Pulling my ****ing hair out, 2 weeks after I should have been in production. :-\ Tomorrow might be another cold night of butting heads with it

Also, my dodge tranny came in (for the white dually) so that needs on the rack and the paint booth is up at the shop so I need to get the mall crawler in for prime. ****. I need more time and here I am babysitting agian :p

i went to chris' shop here in town tonite and he cut me a bunch of little brackteds in less than 5 minutes.. :flipoff1:

oh, yeah....sorry foe yo woes....

I drew a small one in dxf, the conversion program won't search for any other type (I tried to import a dwg, no dice). it imports properly. the link tab had 6 lines in it you start teh conversion and it goes to all 1 line so it has a continuous cut path. you pick the start point. then you go into settings and delete the unwanted ****, like z axis settings in the file (not needed by table, it makes its own by arc voltage). when I go to apply the changes in teh settings tab, it blanks out the production screen like the file was never there. you go to save (in case its in a screen I'm too stupid to see) and it says "nothing to save". I am baffled, being mildly computer savvy. wtfe, I'll fawk with it tomorrow or after disney. I need a clutch in the dodge, the caddi truck primed and the sheep to have a tranny.

blacksheep10 said:
I'm having nothing but trouble opening or saving that with autocad LT 2000. do I need a newer version?
dxf matter not what version cad you run. Beauty of DXF. I can save the dwg down for you and see if you have luck opening it. then type in DXFOUT and save it where everon hour hard drive.

blacksheep10 said:
I actually opened one of my dwg files I drew, file, save as, clicked dxf in file type and it worked. did I do it wrong? is that my prob?
If it worked you did it right.

Want me to send that file in a 2000 dwg format?

Got damn you guys are the techno !!

Kelly, I love you... get the thing workin soon and start selling tabs in the vendors sex-shun thumb.gif

I need trucker lady gussets Bones, dfx that **** son !! laughing1

P said:

Kelly, I love you... get the thing workin soon and start selling tabs in the vendors sex-shun thumb.gif

Gimme something to go off of in jpg format and I can trace it easy enough. I don't do 3D ****.

P said:

I think gussets with lady reliefs are too easy. we need a trucker lady that her feet sit on the horizontal tube and her hair is the vertical and she is the whole brace. that way its not a cutout, but a 1 peice. is that clear? it would have some sharp edges.
I saw a dude the other day that had a trucker chick that was pregnant on his back window. I laughed my ass off. molaugh

P said:
Steve-O has a fat trucker lady tat on his stomach... its awesome laughing1

x2 i want some gusset tabs like that.

Bones said:
Gimme something to go off of in jpg format and I can trace it easy enough. I don't do 3D ****.

http://www.mondotees.com/ProductImages/Decals/D0764.jpg