• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

****ing burntable woes

P said:
Steve-O has a fat trucker lady tat on his stomach... its awesome laughing1

you mean this one...
018nakedChicL.jpg

FINALLY cut out my first piece. still not too good on the dxf converter, but I ****ing cut somehting before my breakers ****ed up. even with no outputs hooked to them (i undid the wires to the 220 plug) they won't trip to on. either way I ****ing cut something :drinkers:

I have it so that I can run a piece, but it won't give a pierce command in the code still. I have to wait til it starts running, hit pause and then restart and it will drop down, pierce and then continue on. I have been drawing my CAD files with a longer lead in on them so it goes to the lead in line, starts running, I pause it and restart and its still in the lead in so there isn't a pierce or fawked up spot in the piece. it is a temporary band aid, but works for now. I need a weekday off so I can call dynatorch and figure it out.....maybe today

I've never used dynatorch, but Im sure they're all pretty similar. We usually allow for a 1/4" lead in as well. Chris spent many hours to get all the parameters just right, and it's different for each thickness that you're working with. We use PlasmaCAM, and he was on the phone with them frequently for the first couple of months that we had the table. I just let him handle all the computer stuff, b/c he knows a lot more about all that crap than I do.

that sounds like a pain in the vageeen Greg said you were fawkin with it for quite a bit when he was down that way... Sounds like once ya get it hammered out it'll be pimpn' though! thumb.gif

I sent a new file. I will also send you a dwg and see if that works. I'm using AutoCAD 2007, but I saved it back to 2000 I thought. Ill go back and check now.

Oh, and Ive got one hell of a story for you guys :flipoff1:

Ok, so I am sitting here at my desk at school, minding my own business with my headphones on listening to some Hurt, drawing a trucker girl on my computer. I work in an open environment style studio space, so there's no walls or doors, just one big space with 5' high partitions every once in a while. My desk is adjacent to the main traffic area on my floor, but it's not class time right now so the only people here right now are just students in my classes. At least, that's what I thought...

I see a bunch of movement out of the left side of my vision, and I turn and there is a group of about 20 junior high/high school students with their 2 teachers standing there staring at me and my computer... which they can see my screen quite easily. Apparently they were here on a tour to see what architecture school was like. The first face I saw was a black boy about 15 or so, and his eyes were about as big as the bottom of my mt dew can. I closed the laptop screen as quick as I could without shattering the screen. I dont know if the teacher saw, but when I looked at her she was grinning ear to ear (and she was a smokin little thing too).

Anyways, what a hell of a way to start a friday! Kelly, that **** better work :flipoff1:

Guy here at the shop has a brother that's been running his for months and turning out some pretty good crap and he's dumber than a box of rocks....want me to have him call and give you some help? :flipoff1:

I was on the phone with dynatorch for about 3 hours last wednesday. got it up and going. I even burned some cool as brackets for paul. thanks underpsi thumb.gif Miles should have them en route.
anyway, came home yesterday to burn some stuff for my boss, real simple piece. I load it up, no icon's on the desktop that I added. I can't find any of my programs. then it asks if I want to format my C drive.....um, no. I keep fawking with it and it keeps freezing. I reboot and it goes to DOS and says to put in a system disk. So I took it up to the place I got it (just bought this tower 2 weeks ago :-\). If they can't clone the hard drive, I'm out of all the CAD work I've been doing the last couple weeks. Ask bones, its been a lot. I call him about every night asking what a command in CAD is laughing1 he has to be getting tired of that ****. laughing1
anyway, I had him put a new CD rom in the old junker that has win 98 on it to get me going again. We'll see.