• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

injectors?

crapyota

ok i have been doing alot of lil projects lately...
one of my projects is getting my 89 5.0 running again.. a lil run down.

the car has been sitting for 7 years... the intake was pulled off and left sitting on a shelf in a garage.. not heated or anything.. the fuel injectors were also pulled and left sitting in a bowl on the shelf...

my big question is are these going to be ok? its not like they were sitting in water or anything.. the o rings all still feel soft...the injectors them self are a lil dusty from sitting there some cobwebs on them...:beer:

also this has an auto tranny it hasnt lost one drop of fluid.. it was a new rebuilt tranny with shift kit and stuff right before car was parked...with it sitting for so long should i be worried when i first fire her up?

i know this thread is worthless without pics so that will happen soon in the garage section.. thanks guys!!

A few things after sitting for 7 years...

1. Replace the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail.
2. Hose the injectors down with carb cleaner then brake cleaner, also make sure the electrical connections are clean and maybe even use a little dialectirc grease on them before installing
3. Put new seals on the injectors, cost is minimal and worth the effort

Trans seals are gonna be a crap shoot....50/50 after sitting that long. If it's parked inside, it has a better chance. You're just gonna have to get it running and see....

Every ford that I have touched after sitting for a couple years had stuck injectors. Once the fuel oxidizes and evaporates it leaves small crap in the seat and causing them to stay stuck in there position (closed).

Every ford that I have touched after sitting for a couple years had stuck injectors. Once the fuel oxidizes and evaporates it leaves small crap in the seat and causing them to stay stuck in there position (closed).

thats encouraging!! dang i hope these work.. oh well i spotted a set at pull apart still in a lincoln if worst comes to worst...