• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Interco trailer tires

redneckengineered

Trailer Park Panty Dropper
Are they worth a ****? Pic taken from the blem list. Prices are right.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 200
jk101 said:
So no good ??? :dunno:

Pop o Matics.

(In my experience)

They may be fine, I was just commenting on very common identical tread pattern...

I always had MUCH better results running cheap ass Chinese actual LT truck tires vs cheap ass Chinese ST "Trailer" tires.

I started running the Maxxis M8008 on my trailer a few months ago after getting fed up with the Towmax STR (been through several sets of those). These would be for Jessica, her trailer is on a set of used mismatched bullshit with knots and broken belts so I'm thinking for $200 plus a little freight it may be worth a try. The 225/75r15 8 ply is perfect for her little 16' rattle trap trailer.

redneckengineered said:
On a budget of $200?
each or a whole set? We run a lot of trailers. The sailun tire in 14 ply works best for us. Don't put them on any trailer less than 12 k. 14 ply sailun tire is $143.00 each but won't break plus and separate . What good is a tire, at any price, if it separates before you wear the tread out. But we haul more than a crawler also.

I put a set of interco 235/85/16 st tires on a 38' fifth wheel in 2007 and they're still rockin today... No signs of dry rot and no failures.

I'm to the point with the 10 ply trailer tires that I would put a set of used name brand load range E truck tires ( I prefer firestone transforce ) on my trailers over brand new off brand trailer tires.
Not being argumentative just sharing my personal experience. I'm down to 6 trailers with 15/16 inch rims the rest have 17.5 rims.

On a side note I've been looking at these also. It's a good deal.

halcat said:
each or a whole set? We run a lot of trailers. The sailun tire in 14 ply works best for us. Don't put them on any trailer less than 12 k. 14 ply sailun tire is $143.00 each but won't break plus and separate . What good is a tire, at any price, if it separates before you wear the tread out. But we haul more than a crawler also.

Total. I'm all for buying good tires. But in this case the trailer is a pile of **** and the tires on it are a bigger pile of ****. If we can put a set of new decent tires on it for $200 plus shipping (if it's reasonable), I'm calling that a win.

Tires arent something i cheap out on, especially on a trailer carrying a $50k crawler. I know you say the trailer is crap, but have a blowout and lose the load, isnt as ideal. 14ply or nothing on my trailers. The tires will outlast the trailer.

redneckengineered said:
Total. I'm all for buying good tires. But in this case the trailer is a pile of **** and the tires on it are a bigger pile of ****. If we can put a set of new decent tires on it for $200 plus shipping (if it's reasonable), I'm calling that a win.

I will sell you 4 tires plus a metal floor car hauler to go on top of them for 1400 and its not a pile of anything. :****:

money_pit_yj said:
I will sell you 4 tires plus a metal floor car hauler to go on top of them for 1400 and its not a pile of anything. :****:

Hahaha sorry I read your budget was 1200, I am on a forecasting conference call and was not paying attention to either. We sold a ton of cheap trailer tires and had very few problems with them.

I rotate my dually tires on to my trailer. Keeps new tires on the truck and fresh good tires on the trailer. Plenty of spares to go around.

Hudson1 said:
I rotate my dually tires on to my trailer. Keeps new tires on the truck and fresh good tires on the trailer. Plenty of spares to go around.
The good ol day when trucks had 16's.
Or do you have 17 on trailer?

Latest posts