• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is it worth it , or are forums a dying media ?

Try to update the software, certs and get the boards right or not waste the time and money ?

• YES PLEASE !

Votes: 101 93.5%
  • Not worth the coin and effort

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Everyone already moved on to FB and Insta

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • STFU P

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
MHGA.... It takes all of us. I'm guilty for not posting projects as well.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

My stuff isn't as cool as other guys. Hell I couldn't even maintain my cage build thread lol. But the guys like mars fab and iron duck I love drooling over the stuff they turn out. That said I love the stupid banter and chit chat. That's how I met Luke Patrick and Matt.

I would definitely say it is worth it to keep this forum going. Only issue I have had is the difficulty of posting photos, which is why I haven't updated my build. I remember when I use to be on Pirate4x4 there was a "Topic of the week" that usually dealt with some formt of tech...maybe we bring something like that to this forum, get the creative juices flowing again.

I live in Orlando, Florida and probably have only actually met a handful of people on this site, but I enjoy coming here on a regular basis. I am not a fabricator, drive a Jeep, not a buggy, and only get to the AL, TN area parks once, maybe twice a year. I don't feel like I have a lot to offer, but I do enjoy reading what others have posted and appreciate them taking the time to add content to this site.

Not that my opinion matters but I truly enjoy this site. I the tech, builds and banter ect. I would miss this site it went away.

The comradery of the people on this site is like the long lost family you pen pal with.. we argue call each other out watch bama roll tide together!!!! drink beer and go wheelin with each other after all of it. We need a make up hl ride to discuss this around a fire and a few jars of shine..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I just creep in the background scouring General, Tech, and Classifieds. I use social media as well, but forums are different and this is the only one I really check on a normal basis. One day I'll end up with a full size rig and a build thread if the site is still around, but at the moment RZR racing and remaining play money dictate otherwise.

Absolutely keep this forum. I guilty as alot of the others with not posting but we build race cars/hot rods at our shop so it's not often that we have something that's on topic for this forum. That being said I still check this forum daily and will continue to do so. FB sucks for anything but classifieds. IG is what you make of it and there is some cool stuff on there but it doesn't have the same feel as this forum.

Re: Re: Is it worth it , or are forums a dying media ?

The Luke said:
Maybe we shouldn't haze the post whores so much? Lol
49009afbc178599ab482e23bc2bac472.jpg

I agree with pretty much everything already said, we need to keep this site.
I'm from Indiana and literally every person I know from Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama I met through this forum and then eventually met on the trail. FB marketplace, Craigslist, Fox news, and Hardline are the sites I check daily, I'd hate to see this one go away.

Hardline must stay.

I wouldn't know anyone in my current group or made the progress I have if it wasn't for this site. I posted my first build thread on the waggy, and even though it was hack, members local to me reached out and invited me to ride with them. Now I'm working on and building rigs that are worth more then my house and getting to ride some of the best parks in the southeast, and it's all thanks to this forum and the people it introduced me to....Without it I would still just be some random kid in his backyard gluing **** together with a fluxcore welder, no friends and no place to ride.

Re: Re: Is it worth it , or are forums a dying media ?

FlatlandFSJ said:
Hardline must stay.

I wouldn't know anyone in my current group or made the progress I have if it wasn't for this site. I posted my first build thread on the waggy, and even though it was hack, members local to me reached out and invited me to ride with them. Now I'm working on and building rigs that are worth more then my house and getting to ride some of the best parks in the southeast, and it's all thanks to this forum and the people it introduced me to....Without it I would still just be some random kid in his backyard gluing **** together with a fluxcore welder, no friends and no place to ride.
Couldn't agree more. And you rack up with the big name guys.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I have been trying to keep a toe in the rock crawling water while growing a family, and honestly, this forum is a big part of what has kept me in it at all. I'd hate to see it go and if there's anything I can do help keep it going I'm all in! I don't have a badass bouncer, just a cheap one ton rig and a bunch of kids and wife I want to expose to this hobby and the friendships it brings.

Seriously, Facebook is just a dark hole we fall in. We think we are "staying connected", but instead it's just a big ****ing data mining operation that markets to you on behalf of stuff you're interested in that advertises there.

Markrobinson said:
I have been trying to keep a toe in the rock crawling water while growing a family, and honestly, this forum is a big part of what has kept me in it at all. I'd hate to see it go and if there's anything I can do help keep it going I'm all in! I don't have a badass bouncer, just a cheap one ton rig and a bunch of kids and wife I want to expose to this hobby and the friendships it brings.

Seriously, Facebook is just a dark hole we fall in. We think we are "staying connected", but instead it's just a big ****ing data mining operation that markets to you on behalf of stuff you're interested in that advertises there.

I was gonna type all that out but you did it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can all agree that social media has slowed down forums as a medium but we are all guilty of it.

The best part of a forum is that is stores a conversation, a thought, tech etc in time and can be referenced later.

If forums are going to survive we need to keep using it. That's all of us. I was going to post an insightful thread on LS cooling systems today but my tech theory failed and my motor still runs hot... maybe someday I'll have something interesting to add!

mrdrinksalil said:
We can all agree that social media has slowed down forums as a medium but we are all guilty of it.

The best part of a forum is that is stores a conversation, a thought, tech etc in time and can be referenced later.

If forums are going to survive we need to keep using it. That's all of us. I was going to post an insightful thread on LS cooling systems today but my tech theory failed and my motor still runs hot... maybe someday I'll have something interesting to add!

I can relate to not having noteworthy tech. Nobody cares about putting rzr seats and ford shock towers in my budget beater rig. I'm still down to look at other people's fab work though