• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is it worth it , or are forums a dying media ?

Try to update the software, certs and get the boards right or not waste the time and money ?

• YES PLEASE !

Votes: 101 93.5%
  • Not worth the coin and effort

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Everyone already moved on to FB and Insta

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • STFU P

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
Markrobinson said:
I can relate to not having noteworthy tech. Nobody cares about putting rzr seats and ford shock towers in my budget beater rig. I'm still down to look at other people's fab work though

I respectfully disagree.....tech thread should not be relegated to just big expensive builds. There are many different levels of off roaders here that can benefit from any level of build or upgrade.

Personally I enjoy looking at all builds ...from simple to complex....I always learn something.

1tonyj said:
I respectfully disagree.....tech thread should not be relegated to just big expensive builds. There are many different levels of off roaders here that can benefit from any level of build or upgrade.

Personally I enjoy looking at all builds ...from simple to complex....I always learn something.

I agree with Tony, just looking how others do things can help even the best builders out there.

I also agree with Tony. . . . .

It was forum tech threads that paved the way for a one car garage builder to go from pooky welding coil buckets to oil filling and charging nitro shocks.

Hacking stuff up and breaking while unloading off the trailer is how we all got where we are. I love seeing budget builds

Not everybody flossin like Tony . . . . .

I joined Hardline about 5 years ago, when I got my first rig. I have seen the decline on this site and have missed having a lot of content to look at. I only use FB to keep in touch with family and friends around the country, that I would normally not know much about. I would hate to see HL go. When I joined, John G seemed to be running the site. He put a lot of time and effort into promoting it, and organized rides, I think twice a year. I am willing to help out anyway I can, financially or otherwise, to keep it going.

In my opinion the site really started taking a dive when the NEW wore off the bouncer style rigs....Not many care for the "ONE SHOT" ride, Keep the forum true to its roots with trail rides and trail build techs and The site will come back. There have been numerous comments here lately about how most people want to get back to the roots of trail riding instead of hill shooting. Having a Spring and a Fall Hardline ride would be some good fun and maybe a great fund raiser.

Markrobinson said:
I can relate to not having noteworthy tech. Nobody cares about putting rzr seats and ford shock towers in my budget beater rig. I'm still down to look at other people's fab work though

Actually I would be interested in the Rzr seat install. And I have a borderline obsession with the ford shock towers. Used them dozens of times on everything from Toyotas to J10s to Samurais to hay wagons

I don't have any tech to post anymore. I'm working on swapping a complete e locker rear into my Tacoma, but that's just nuts and bolts and one dpdt switch...

As soon as I replace every bearing, seal, and brake component on the rear axle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01698c4b3626acd89608e5e15362d46e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading the comments reminds me why I love this forum. I originally came here for the classifieds but found lots of tech and good ole bs post, those are my favorite and I miss the boobie and "lip" pics. I haven't done a build thread mostly because I'm not a fab guy and don't really want people seeing my welds that close up, picture a dirt dobbers nest. I try and get on here at least once a day and while the past year it's gone way down in post I still find something interesting to read or comment on. I've only made one HL ride and I really didn't meet all that many folks as my junk couldn't really keep up with most of you and I'm not all that social but I still had a blast and the folks I did meet were very nice and welcoming, even a certain admin that was wearing khakis. Please don't let it die.

I found Hardline 5 years ago when I was looking for a project. And now that I have one I check here almost daily to see anything new I can read and look at. I have met some of you and have known many before. I have bought and sold stuff here too. I agree with most all the comments to keep this forum. FB doesn't even come close to the information here

Steve

xjmarc said:
Reading the comments reminds me why I love this forum. I originally came here for the classifieds but found lots of tech and good ole bs post, those are my favorite and I miss the boobie and "lip" pics. I haven't done a build thread mostly because I'm not a fab guy and don't really want people seeing my welds that close up, picture a dirt dobbers nest. I try and get on here at least once a day and while the past year it's gone way down in post I still find something interesting to read or comment on. I've only made one HL ride and I really didn't meet all that many folks as my junk couldn't really keep up with most of you and I'm not all that social but I still had a blast and the folks I did meet were very nice and welcoming, even a certain admin that was wearing khakis. Please don't let it die.

You say it couldn't keep up. But my stock axled Cherokee kept up the entire gmp hardline ride....

Until I flipped it on the moon. But never mind that part

The Luke said:
You say it couldn't keep up. But my stock axled Cherokee kept up the entire gmp hardline ride....

Until I flipped it on the moon. But never mind that part

This was Choco and mostly buggies, I ended up following a Yota on tons and 42s and only managed to break one axle and rip off the rear shocks, I considered it a good day.

Sawzall said:
I don't do the left wing Facebutt garbage. Forums for me.

Man, I heard it will turn you gay also. I also heard, every member that left here, now has n "I LOVE SOROS" bumper sticker now, its pathetic!! :rolf:

I'd love for the forums to get going again, I hate Facebook. I only have it so I can find events / things to do or buy/sell stuff. I don't really ever read what anyone says and just change my profile pictures around from time to time. I have a short attention span any way, so I jus play on Instagram to look at cars / offroad stuff / motorcycle stuff and now dogs/dog stuff.

Too many people on forums now that EXPECT respect or let their baby ass get cut by a store brand kind of toilet paper comment/assumption.

Speakin' of buyin' stuff on Facebook, saw a 1979 Ford D60 front axle for sale...... $2500 Complete hub to hub with 40 years of crud/rust for free! :)

tonybolton said:
I'd love for the forums to get going again, I hate Facebook. I only have it so I can find events / things to do or buy/sell stuff. I don't really ever read what anyone says and just change my profile pictures around from time to time. I have a short attention span any way, so I jus play on Instagram to look at cars / offroad stuff / motorcycle stuff and now dogs/dog stuff.

Too many people on forums now that EXPECT respect or let their baby ass get cut by a store brand kind of toilet paper comment/assumption.

Speakin' of buyin' stuff on Facebook, saw a 1979 Ford D60 front axle for sale...... $2500 Complete hub to hub with 40 years of crud/rust for free! :)

Sir you're posting to much can you tone it down some? JK I miss your stupid ramblings/sticking up for batman here.

I don't post a lot on here but my morning is not complete without checking Hardline. Lots of great folks on here and I would hate to see it go away. I should do a built thread on here about my current POS and the V8 swap that seems to be taken forever.

lt99ls1 said:
I don't post a lot on here but my morning is not complete without checking Hardline. Lots of great folks on here and I would hate to see it go away. I should do a built thread on here about my current POS and the V8 swap that seems to be taken forever.

If it's your avatar pic please do. It might be the kick i need to do mine.