• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

It has started... SAS Dakota 1997

haha hey ryan.. I figured you'd be around sooner or later.

They are TJ coils right now but I think im going to look for a different pair these are a little softer than I wanted.

Bump for getting my trac bar mounts made. Hope to have pics up this weekend sometime after I get my steering box mounted.

Chris, I still need to get ahold of you and get my OX cable ordered! Also see if anyone carries chromo's for J10 rear Dana44s Im affraid of breaking one with my spool and 37s

I no longer work at randys, but i can send you to the right person to help out. Also rear cromos Yukon dosent make them, but have alittle better than stock rear shafts.

Update pics!

newvs.jpg

Heres the 2" pro comp springs next to my new 4.5" RE springs. Both are made for a TJ. You can go back and look at previous posts to see how much the pro comps were compressed versus these ones.

coilsfront.jpg

Here is a front view of the new coils to compare to what the pro comps looked like.

coilsPS.jpg

Side view of the new coils. Steering almost at full crank.

overallview.jpg

Overall view of the truck from the front. Still don't have a trac bar yet, waiting on my DOM tube.

partsleft.jpg

Parts that are still left to be used/installed

passengersidesuspension.jpg

Suspension minus the spring.

rearend.jpg

Wow my exhaust looks like ****....

Thats all for now. Action shots when I get my trac bar made and my brake lines done.

OK so I didn't get to drive it today. I didn't have the correct banjo bolts for my calipers. Stopping is a must for me :) Here are some pics of progress and I hope to get it moving around tomorrow or tuesday.

DSC01169.jpg

Here is my long awaited trac bar, stupid thing would have been made if I had ordered DOM instead on HREW on the first tube...

DSC01171.jpg

here is the trac bar installed with the steering, I will probably have some bump steer but oh well if its not bad ill live with it. Not like its my daily anyways...

OK so I didn't get to drive it today. I didn't have the correct banjo bolts for my calipers. Stopping is a must for me :) Here are some pics of progress and I hope to get it moving around tomorrow or tuesday.

DSC01169.jpg

Here is my long awaited trac bar, stupid thing would have been made if I had ordered DOM instead on HREW on the first tube...

DSC01171.jpg

here is the trac bar installed with the steering, I will probably have some bump steer but oh well if its not bad ill live with it. Not like its my daily anyways...

i didnt even realize it was you whats been up how ya been, its lookin good:awesomework:

just currious are you making some sort of spring retainers ?
lol i learned the hard way :mad:
and those rear u bolts look like they might get kinda hung up on stuff just some suggestions
but it loooks sickkk cant wait to see it out on the trail

Last edited:
DSC01184.jpg

SHE RUNS! I didnt put oil in the diffs so I literally just pulled out the drive way and tried out the ditch then pulled back in haha but heres an action shot.

DSC01180.jpg

Showing low side vs. high side. I will probably need to get an add-a-leaf for the rear to make it a little stiffer.

looking good!!
Were gonna have to go hit the trails sometime:awesomework: how soft are the coils?? i'm running bronco coils but there too stiff

These TJ coils are pretty stiff, im gonna try to break em in a little and buy an add-a-leaf to my rear leafs then try it out.

For those of you that don't know, here is some pics of how I bought my truck just about a year ago. And up to what it is today.

0222081903.jpg

The night I brought it home.

0223081210a.jpg

The next morning I removed any bad parts I couldn't use from it.

DSC00331.jpg

whats left...

photo.jpg

And here it is TODAY (5-5-09)

that is one cool dakota wonder what the wife would say if i did that to her 4door dakota

that is one cool dakota wonder what the wife would say if i did that to her 4door dakota

Haha I actually had thoughts of Solid axle'ing my old 4door and buying this white one for the longer bed and extending the frame to the 4door. Then I decided I wanted a wheeler instead that was shorter. :stirpot:

If you decide to get after it though let me know ahead of time Ill give ya some pointers and maybe could stop by your place with the truck for some comparison.

Well I finally broke down and finished my rear leafs. I found a set of dakota spring packs 15min away. I went and picked em up and made my own add-a-leaf so to speak. Its not as harsh as an add a leaf which is what I didnt' want but I got the lift and stiffness I was looking for. Here are some pics.

photo4.jpg

Here is the original spring pack layers.

photo2.jpg

This is with the leaf I added. I used the very top (longest) spring from the other leaf pack and plasma cut the eyes off then trimmed them to fit with a taper grinding on each end. It turned out pretty good I think.

photo3.jpg

Other end of the same leaf pack.

photo.jpg

The truck now stays much more level when you pick a tire. Im happy with the results. Now on to the steering revision and finishing my rear bumper.

Lemme know what you guys think.

rearbumper.jpg

This is going to be my rear bumper for now till I shorten my bed.

IMG_0062.jpg

Stock vs. whatever lift mine is now.

trucks.jpg

I had my parent's truck out to do the brakes on it before they go off towing their camping trailer this weekend. This truck used to be mine I sold it to em. Ive had a few dak. in my time :D

Last edited:
Thanks man, I hope to get my mud flaps hung this weekend to finish off my rear bumper.

-Front crossmember
-Finish grinding IFS brackets off so I can paint
-Measure for my OX cable
-Install new SS brake lines in the front
-Measure how long my front driveshaft needs to be

The list is getting smaller :D