• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

It has started... SAS Dakota 1997

Not much to update yet, been busy with the house. Here are some flexy pics when I pulled it out today.

front.jpg

Front shot, the hood is popped so no worries about the gap ;)

IMG_0212.jpg

Droop from the side, still using my stock brake lines.

rear.jpg

rear side view

I had some time to work on the foo foo stuff...

rocklights.jpg

Here are the rock lights with the headlights on.

rocklights2.jpg

And this is just the rock lights on.

no sir I have not. we bought a house and that has killed the last few months of my time. I ordered my 2nd to last round of parts so I hope to have my front axle setup and my bump stops in place to finish off the suspension. All that will be left is fabbing a crossmember, installing my SS front brake lines, and measuring and ordering my OX locker cable.

And sometime in the near future I need to get OBA and work on some sort of a cage...

no sir I have not. we bought a house and that has killed the last few months of my time. I ordered my 2nd to last round of parts so I hope to have my front axle setup and my bump stops in place to finish off the suspension. All that will be left is fabbing a crossmember, installing my SS front brake lines, and measuring and ordering my OX locker cable.

And sometime in the near future I need to get OBA and work on some sort of a cage...

Dude, I know how you feel. I thought I was the only one. My closing date on the house I just bought is Sep 1st and my wedding date is Sep 5th. It has been a crazy last few months and im about 2 orders away from having all the parts for my buggy too. Hang in there dude. :booo:

Yeah. It takes up a lot of time but it's worth it. Now I have a clean dry warm place to work on our rigs. :)

I'm hoping to get a test run in withinthe next 2 weeks.

ok so did are you running an auto trany or manual. and were you able to keep the stock tcase.

stumpflex.jpg

So as im nearing completion I decided to try out a 1 tire flex. This shows that the back end is way too stiff compared to those 4.5" Rubi springs. So ill be taking the rear add-a-leaf out and probably do a ubolt flip to get them threads up top. My locker cable came in yesterday so if I have time this weekend ill be pulling the axle out from under the truck for any final welding/grinding before paint, and also setup the gears and locker.

Thanks,

Im trying to get most of the bugs that ill want to change fixed before the maiden voyage in a week. so we shall see how it does..

OK so I got my front axle painted, replaced the rubber bushing on my trac bar with a urethane one, and painted my steering and trac bar. Going to finish setting up my gears today and get my driveshaft cut down and I should be ready to go wheelin! :D

Im sure ill come back with things ill want to change. Pics soon

nice rig man! i was gonna do a similar suspension setup, but i ran out of time and decided that i didnt have enough cash flow... theres always the future though...

my question is are u planning on bracing the t-case/tranny mount crossmember? to my newbish eyes, it looks kinda weak... i personally used a piece of pipe with about a 5 inch ID and 3/8 wall and cut the mount up and welded that in, then braced it, kinda over built, but wont have to fix it later....

yeah I am, that is just a temp to hold things in place. I ran out of time on some things like I dont have my rock lights done, mud flaps, didnt shorten the bed.... but for now the rig is driveable. ill be working on the brace asap.

Looks great man.

1 suggestion.

ditch the straps on your front drive shaft u-joints and get u-bolts.
straps bring the suck.. seen them break WAY too often.

If your running 1310 u-joints let me know.. I have a yoke you can HAVE.

Ive known about the straps being a weak link. I just happen to have these so I used them. Ill look around for a 1310 yoke.

I made it through my first maiden voyage with no breaks and not even a funny noise! I did discover that my steering needs an adjustment toe-in/toe-out and my OX cable need to be just a touch tighter. I have a few pics from the trip that ill try to get up soon.

Things I tested wheelin were lots of sidehilling/turning on sidehill, hillclimbs, and last but not least very STEEEP downhill descents on loose ground. These pitbulls and locker combo are amazing.

hillclimb.jpg

Here is a small hill climb on loose rock.

rockgarden.jpg

Posing in a rock pit.

rockpile3.jpg

Found a gravel pile to test my tires for digging.

rockpile2.jpg

Look at that ass...

Ill see what other pics everyone else had I just pulled these up.