• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

IT'S ALIVE....

under_psi

CROSS POST POLICE
the buggy runs :flipoff1:....sounds pretty damn good too with the true dual exhaust on it.... ===D~~~~~ pepper.gif

i am fighting with the hydro bleeding process right now, so, any tips would be great.....gone lock to lock like 40 times...not getting any easier and dont really think that there is any fluid transferring anywhere...it 'doesnt appear' that there is any in the aluminum cooler either.....it feels too light..i took it loose from the radiator and have it hanging down so the fluid can tracel better and push any air out....

going for driveshafts in the morning.....

under_psi said:
the buggy runs :flipoff1:....sounds pretty damn good too with the true dual exhaust on it.... ===D~~~~~ pepper.gif

i am fighting with the hydro bleeding process right now, so, any tips would be great.....gone lock to lock like 40 times...not getting any easier and dont really think that there is any fluid transferring anywhere...it 'doesnt appear' that there is any in the aluminum cooler either.....it feels too light..i took it loose from the radiator and have it hanging down so the fluid can tracel better and push any air out....

going for driveshafts in the morning.....
My hydro steering used to be a nightmare to bleed. I spent 20 hours on it one weekend before I got it. The trick was prefill every line, cooler, ram, etc. and to use Valvoline Synth PS fluid. (Some love it, some hate it but I've tried at all and it works for me.) ATF and hydro fluid foamed up.

About a year later I ended up replacing everything in my system and now it bleeds easily. I think it's because the pump puts out more gpm and pushes any air bubbles right out of the system.

In short, make sure your reservoir is the high point, fill all the lines and the cylinder, jack up the tires and turn it back and forth until you don't get anymore bubbles. Fire it up and it should work. Good luck.

i was just reading one of your posts on PBB about it...

i didnt fill **** bu the reservoir...i am about to go fill the cooler...

so you are cycling it off some, or all while the engine is running....?

i am gonna try and get some fluid in teh ram too...

on a side note, when asking about fluid to teh PSC steering guys, they told me to use ANY, and he repeated...ANY clear power steering fluid BUT the valvoline....he said that they had issues with the valvoline eating prematurely wearing internal seals.....

-thanks!

I used Valvoline Syn PS in the past, but just switched to Red Line cause I could not find Valvoline anywher anymore. If it is real hard to turn you might have your lines at the ram crossed. Howe has good instructions on their site. Loosen the fittings at the ram and turn them straight up then go lock to lock and get air out. Them move to the pump and do the same. Should be good

Plus if your orbital is at your steering wheel/ colunm it may be harder to bleed.

false alarm...

pump and tank lines were crossed...i am gonna blame the clown who hooked them up....lol....NOT ME....i found a month or so ago that the steering lines were crossed and didnt think that the pump and tank lines were crossed too...

well, they were....turns like a dream.....one finger effortless....looks like it will make it onto the trailer tonite afterall....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael, that is a mighty fine piece of machinery whether it looks like a bass boat or not!

I love it!

Peter

the "ROCK SKEETER" is all loaded up and ready for the trip to jackson powertrain....

i hate that i built this car ass backwards, but when you are learning, thats how it goes....probably should have done the front axle swap and driveshafts first....oh well....i just hope that i dont need a 2pc front shaft....lol.....with the way that my luck has panned out, you just never know....

i will post up tomorrow if they get r dun.....

under_psi said:
the "ROCK SKEETER" is all loaded up and ready for the trip to jackson powertrain....

i hate that i built this car ass backwards, but when you are learning, thats how it goes....probably should have done the front axle swap and driveshafts first....oh well....i just hope that i dont need a 2pc front shaft....lol.....with the way that my luck has panned out, you just never know....

i will post up tomorrow if they get r dun.....

Keep me in the loop, I want to take you around u phere to play in it.

Rock Skeeter is awesome......

wngrog

under_psi said:

i

Rock Skeeter Racing, thats sounds awesome great name choice. I can't wait to see you do some Rock Bouncing. thumb.gif