• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

jeep vs toyota vs buggy

Jeep maybe like this::stirpot:

100_0531.jpg
:awesomework::awesomework:

If you are wanting to wheel...then don't submerse yourself into a build...a perpetual build...or a "project".

Buy someone elses loss and wheel.

Regardless if it is a ****ing buggy, truggy, scuggy, or a stock postal Jeep, the fact that you will be wheeling and not in the garage is all that matters.

If you are wanting to wheel...then don't submerse yourself into a build...a perpetual build...or a "project".

Buy someone elses loss and wheel.

Regardless if it is a ****ing buggy, truggy, scuggy, or a stock postal Jeep, the fact that you will be wheeling and not in the garage is all that matters.

I do agree with not creating a perpetual build. That is not something i want, i don't mind putting in some hard work thuogh for a few months if i had to. But i'd prefer to get wheeling ASAP!!:beer:

if you watch c/l you can find 4cyl 97ish tj's can be had for around 3-4k. If I build another rig, it will be either a juggy(jeep truggy like jobless) or a buggy. I just like the ability to drive on the road too. i like the last pic the most. seriously reinforced full bodied tj with coilovers tons and 40s. I dont have a pic but dean at bent metal customs built a very well thought out badass tube chassis cj7 with an alum tub. there is always that too. So my vote is jeep.

:awesomework:I had a yj leaf sprung on 60s and 40in tires with a tbi 350 and loved it, BUT didnt want it looking like most toyotas you know a crumpled up then pulled straight beer can. So I ended up selling it(trading to solidaxlesub on here) and havent built a serious wheeler since. I will tell you I wish I had kept it, done more tube work, linked it, and ran either pane on a healthy stroker 383 or ran an ls series motor, the tbi was beyond gutless. My piont is I think you could be wheeling on tons in a tj with a homemade longarm, 350 on pane with 1tons on coils and 40s pretty quick, then upgrade at your leisure. its fun doing all the little projects after youve been wheeling it. Or buy one someone else has already done. I just think the way the laws and world is headed you would be a fool to build a buggy that you cant run all the trails in. I had less than 8k into my yj with buying the tires and wheels new. :awesomework:

Picture065.jpg

yeah i have a trailer, i trailered the 4runner up to reiter to wheel. It was dual cases, locked f/r, 36" iroks, 22re. Went everywhere.

Uh...if it went everywhere (most Toyota's do anyway:redneck:)....then what's the point of a different rig? Why sell it? If you sold it only because of it's low power, did you consider swapping in a more powerful engine??? Cheaper than a new rig.....
Unless ya just wanna jump on the buggy bandwagon....:puke:

Last edited:
? If you sold it only because of it's low power, did you consider swapping in a more powerful engine???

It snot a good option to stray away from the toyota 4/6 cyls. A V8 or 4.3 adds enough weight and power to destroy ring gears and housings regularly.

Its an OK combo in a tube buggy cuz you can shave enough weight to make it last a little longer.

Keeping a 4runner and swapping in good power is gonna require one tons. Keeping it practicle is going to require NARROWED one tons.

It would be a waste to put buggy axles under a compromised full body rig just to GETSUM!:redneck:

Uh...if it went everywhere (most Toyota's do anyway:redneck:)....then what's the point of a different rig? Why sell it? If you sold it only because of it's low power, did you consider swapping in a more powerful engine??? Cheaper than a new rig.....
Unless ya just wanna jump on the buggy bandwagon....:puke:

well i bought the rig exactly how it was, because the price was right, i fixed some jerry rig stuff, wheeled it for a year, and decided what i wanted was so different, i'd be better off selling it and starting over. I didn't see the point in tearing down a perfectly good rig, and changing everything, when someone else can still enjoy it.

I would have changed the axles, the suspension, the engine, and cut up the body. Then build a cage, get some real seats and harness', so i figure i'd do it again, only right the first time. tons>toys, links>leafs, 4.0/4.3/5.7>22re.

Not looking to get on any buggy bandwagons:masturbanana[1]:, i mean i don't even know anyone with a buggy, besides guys on the internets:fawkdancesmiley: i'd be the only one on my bandwagon

Not to mention at the end of the day, the choice is clear, which would you choose? Keep the old girl, or get a new hot chick? I already screwed up that one once by getting married:haha: I have no limiting factors here besides the obvious financial one, but that one can be worked on.:cool:

I'm really liking the yj/tj buggy type rigs on fullwidths. :stirpot:

I got a buggy and kicked the old friends to the curb and got new buggy friends .

wasnt hard .
Seriously I wish I had a buggy years ago , would of save a lot of time and money messing with rigs that wound'nt get it.
As for buying a 97 4cyl tj for 2-3k , I would spend that money on a chassie. because there isnt much else that salvageable on a 4cl tj,

As for buying a 97 4cyl tj for 2-3k , I would spend that money on a chassie. because there isnt much else that salvageable on a 4cl tj,

that's the same thing I wonder when people make a statement like that, why not just go buy a tub and frame if you've got a hard-on for a TJ

Not to mention at the end of the day, the choice is clear, which would you choose? Keep the old girl, or get a new hot chick?

Keep the old girl....she's already been TRAINED to do what ya want.....:beer:
A "new" hot chick is only fun for a little bit before they get annoying.....:haha::redneck:

Not looking to get on any buggy bandwagons:masturbanana[1]:, i mean i don't even know anyone with a buggy, besides guys on the internets:fawkdancesmiley: i'd be the only one on my bandwagon

Hmmm....OK???? :cheer:

If you had a fresh slate, time and money to build a new rig, which cult would you join? :stirpot:

Not to mention at the end of the day, the choice is clear, which would you choose? Keep the old girl, or get a new hot chick?

Keep the old girl....she's already been TRAINED to do what ya want.....:beer:
A "new" hot chick is only fun for a little bit before they get annoying.....:haha::redneck:

well the 4runner is sold, so there's that:D I guess if you insist it's a buggy bandwagon, then it is, what it is.:kissmybutt:

the old girl was gettin a little loose, i like things a little tighter:cool:

If you build, buy a roller chassis, and then spend the next year getting all the little do dads on it.

I got a buggy and kicked the old friends to the curb and got new buggy friends .

wasnt hard .
Seriously I wish I had a buggy years ago , would of save a lot of time and money messing with rigs that wound'nt get it.

How do you explain our friendship then Johny :haha::fawkdancesmiley::haha:

ClarkW If you are serious about getting a buggy. I have a good friend that will sell you his. He's a bit desperate. Probably get you a good deal on it.