• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JK Owners...MattO

I've been beating on my 4 door JK for over 4 years on level 4 and 5 trails. I've had good luck with not breaking parts. Broke a couple of rear stock shafts. Ran stock drive train up to 37"s and upgraded the shafts and 5:38 gears when I went to 40"s. I've broken one time when it was not drivable back home and I was acting a fool bouncing it 4-5 feet off the ground just for fun on Vertical Challenger. Gas milage is around 13 mpg at this point. The power sucks unless you swap in a Hemi but they will take some serious abuse for an off the shelf Jeep. :****:

Sorry Bones, was out end of last week.

JK has terrible power and with a lift you can expect 13-14 mpg if you have a programmer and proper gearing. I was impressed with it offroad, did very well. THe tops are noisy as hell for daily driving, I had to put on a hard top but it is still noisy.

I run 37's and 5.38's. Power still sucks considering the KM2's run so small they are like 35's.

jtreeves1 said:
dont buy it its not a rubicon

The rubicon's are seriously nice if you are going to go offroad. I really liked the selectable lockers and sway bar, makes it really easy. I went out to Gardendale a few weeks ago in mine and it did really well. Crawled up everything I wanted to try and I liked the longer WB

Matt O. said:
Sorry Bones, was out end of last week.

JK has terrible power and with a lift you can expect 13-14 mpg if you have a programmer and proper gearing. I was impressed with it offroad, did very well. THe tops are noisy as hell for daily driving, I had to put on a hard top but it is still noisy.

I run 37's and 5.38's. Power still sucks considering the KM2's run so small they are like 35's.
Thanks Matt, much appreciated. Not that I am used to power laughing1 but at least I pull mid 20's. The top would really bug me. I have ridden in friends YJ and TJ's and it was terrible even with a new top.

I think to practical in my old age. :gay: